We recognize the impact attracting, retaining and growing talent has on our economic development efforts. We work to:
- Recruit bright, new talent to our region
- Retain graduates from our local higher-education institutions
- Reconnect students who went away to college with local employers
- Increase awareness of community assets among young professionals
- Connect K-12 students and educators to education, training, and career opportunities and create pathways to success
- Build partnerships to help individuals reach their full potential and meet employer needs
Collaboration between industry and education helps our community grow talent. From post-secondary internships and summer jobs to classroom speakers and industry-led events like Manufacturing Day, we can expand the talent pool in St. Joseph County and the South Bend Region by working together. Opportunities to connect include:
- Businesses - You can offer unique learning opportunities to students--internships, job shadows, summer and part-time jobs, and the development of industry-informed classroom projects with educators.
- Students - You can seek out and take advantage of internship and other work-based learning opportunities in the region. You can develop great core work skills through retail and restaurant jobs.
- Colleges, Universities, K-12 Schools - You can partner with local businesses in educating their students and creating awareness of local career opportunities.
- IndianaINTERN.net - A statewide, online resource to connect students to career opportunities in our region.
- INTERN South Bend Region Summer Connect - Program offers professional development and social events to get interns engaged in the community.
- INTERN South Bend Region - The Chamber works to guide employers through internship creation and introduces businesses to additional resources, such as Indiana's EARN program, which can provide dollars to businesses who employ qualified students.
Executive Director, Education & Workforce