We recognize how important the growth of talent is to economic development efforts, and we are working to:
- Help recruit bright, new talent to our region.
- Retain graduates from our local higher-education institutions.
- Reconnect students who went away to college with local employers.
- Increase awareness of our community assets among young professionals.
Through collaboration, internship and talent opportunities can grow, expanding the talent pool in St. Joseph County and the South Bend Region. This collaboration includes:
- Businesses - Offering unique learning opportunities to students
- Students - From high-quality, local colleges and universities, taking advantage of the internship opportunities in the region
- Colleges and Universities - Partnering with local businesses in educating their students
- IndianaINTERN.net - Online resource, connecting with students who are local or who are interested in finding career opportunities in our area
- INTERN South Bend Summer Connect - Program comprised of events and challenges for interns to get engaged in the community. Sponsored by TRANSPO, enFocus and IU South Bend.
- Support through the Chamber’s INTERN South Bend program. We work to guide employers through internship creation and introduce businesses to additional resources, such as Indiana’s EARN program, which can provide dollars to businesses who employ qualified students.
Director of Talent Engagement