Manufacturing in the South Bend Region
Welcome to the South Bend Region’s Virtual MFG Day, created to introduce you to our regional manufacturers and the career opportunities they provide through:
- the inaugural series of LIFT Network Career Exploration Videos
- a curated collection of manufacturing-related videos
- conversations with regional manufacturers
- career pathway pages
- PowerPoints and other resources for educators
- a manufacturing business directory
We will continue to work with manufacturers and educators to build content and assist students in navigating education pathways--helping them to reach their goals and working to meet our region’s need for manufacturing talent. Read about Manufacturing in the South Bend - Elkhart Region: Past, Present, and Future.
The South Bend Regional Chamber began leading local MFG Day programming in 2014. Since then, 70 industry and education/training partners and more than 4,000 high school students from nine high schools, five counties and two states have connected to build the impact through tours and personal interaction. In 2020, we pivoted to shine a virtual spotlight on local manufacturers and illuminate pathways to the career opportunities they offer. The virtual format extends the reach of this initiative--geographically and beyond one day--to include more students, educators, parents and community members.
Each October, MFG Day programming provides the opportunity to:
- Learn the truth about manufacturing and manufacturing careers
- Inspire a new generation of manufacturers
- Learn what is being made in our community
- Encourage entrepreneurship and inspire creativity
Check out MFGDays in the Greater Niles, Michigan region.
Industry 4.0 Partners