The Department of Health is entrusted with protecting the health of our community. When you wear a mask, physically distance, and wash your hands, you make a difference. As our activities move inside, we must do more to control the current spread of COVID-19 infection in our community.
The St. Joseph County Department of Health with support from St. Joseph County Unified Command, is recommending the following:
- Avoid social gatherings and assemblies outside of your immediate family/household.
- Support local restaurants through take-out rather than in-person dining.
- Pivot high school classes to virtual learning until after winter break. Depending on their circumstance, each district may choose to have middle school go virtual as well.
- Pause all extra curricular activities or conduct them remotely as feasible. In the event these activities cannot be paused or done remotely, limit spectators to parents/guardians/siblings until after winter break.
- Encourage employees to work from home whenever possible.
- Encourage businesses and establishments to offer curbside and contactless options.
- Reward businesses committed to COVID-prevention practices with your shopping dollars.