When people think about tourism around The Bend, they automatically turn to Notre Dame football season. Visitor spending for a Notre Dame football home game checks in at about $17 million. But it’s just one piece to the tourism puzzle.
Around 4.8 million visitors came to St. Joseph County in 2017, spending approximately $621.9 million. In fact, June, July and August are the busiest months for out-of-town visitors.
Visit South Bend Mishawaka (VSBM) is recognizing tourism’s impact on our community by celebrating National Tourism Week, which runs from May 5-11, to showcase our destination. Several area bars, restaurants, hotels and attractions are offering deals and discounts during the week.
VSBM is promoting some #OnlyinTheBend experiences during the entire month of May:
- VSBM has partnered with South Bend Brew Werks on its May Beer of the Month. Mondays Can Wait IPA is a nod to the VSBM tag line and a truly local beer. It features hops grown by two producers right here in The Bend. Mondays Can Wait IPA is available all month long.
- VSBM has also partnered with Spirited in downtown South Bend on a Mondays Can Wait cocktail, available May 6-31. It’s a local riff on the classic Aviator” cocktail.
Weeklong promotions include:
- Bistro 933: Choose from a complimentary dessert, appetizer or bottle of wine when you purchase two entrees.
- Holiday Inn Mishawaka-Conference Center: 15 percent off any room.
- LaSalle Kitchen & Tavern: Poblano Paloma cocktail (featuring El Jimador Reposado) for $7, available all month.
- Potato Creek State Park: Rent one canoe, kayak, paddle boat or rowboat and get the second one free. Two hour maximum; one coupon per family or group.
- Traditions Restaurant & Bar: Complimentary Frosé or Sparkling Sip (non-alcoholic) with the purchase of an appetizer.
- Several daily specials will also be taking place such as free entry into Potato Creek State Park on Sunday, food and drink specials and discounted admission to museums.
For a full list of specials, visit: https://visitsouthbend.com/national-tourism-week/