The Chamber offers several volunteer opportunities for individuals of member companies to participate in.
- Ambassadors (See below)
- Young Professionals Network South Bend
- Political Evaluation Committee (Contact Jeff Rea)
- School Board Endorsement Committee (Contact Jeff Rea)
Ambassadors [View List]
Ambassadors support the Chamber's mission by helping to grow and maintain a strong membership base, through the innovation and implementation of activities that support membership recruitment, engagement and retention. Ambassadors are volunteers who interact with fellow Chamber members to provide information and answer questions about the Chamber, and serve as an additional resource and communication link between the Chamber and its members.
- Unsurpassed business contacts and networking opportunities.
- Increased exposure to the Chamber and community initiatives.
- Increased visibility at Chamber programs and events.
- Name badge to identify you as a Chamber representative while volunteering at events and visiting member businesses.
- Recognition for yourself and your organization in the business community, in Chamber communications.
- Eligibility for individual and team performance rewards and recognition through the Chamber and the Ambassador Team Sponsor Martin's Super Markets.
- Discounted pricing for selected Chamber programs and events, including 20% discount for seminars and workshops.
- Must be an employee of a Chamber member business in good standing, and must have the approval of direct supervisor.
- Participation is limited to one representative per company.
- Business must have been a member of the Chamber for at least one year; and employee must have been employed there for at least six months.
- Must have flexible schedule and be able to devote time each month to participate in required ambassador activities.
Ambassadors' term of service is three years with the opportunity to continue longer based upon performance, Chamber needs, etc.Ambassadors must meet certain attendance requirements outlined on the application form.