New Member Information
Activate Your Membership
When you join the SJC Chamber, you will receive a New Member Packet. Upon receipt, please review your membership packet and check out all of the valuable information on this website to make sure you are aware of everything your membership has to offer. For best results and return on investment, activate your membership. Here’s how:
- Display your membership plaque in a visible location, and add the virtual membership plaque to your website and emarketing materials for added credibility. Also, place the SJC Chamber logo on all of your printed materials.
- Provide us with contact information for all of your staff who can benefit from participating in Chamber activities. Provide us with email addresses for those employees you want to receive the most up-to-date Chamber communications. Also, check your spam filter to ensure Chamber email is being received. Chamber email will have the URL extension of sjchamber.org.
- Review your online directory listing for accuracy and notify us of any revisions. Maximize your directory listing by providing a 120-character description of your business, and take advantage of the free link to your company website and email. Utilize our membership list to do business with your fellow members whenever possible and to market your products and services to fellow member businesses.
- Network with your fellow members at Chamber events to build relationships and generate sales leads. Connect with the Chamber’s social media platforms. Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our LinkedIn group for added updates and exposure/connections for your business.
- Volunteer your time and talents to serve on a Chamber committee.
- Read Chamber communications to stay current on Chamber benefits and initiatives and the multiple opportunities available to you as a member. Submit company news and announcements for consideration in CHAMBER magazine, enewsletters and website.
- Register young professionals, ages 21-39, in your organization for our young professionals group, Young Professionals Network South Bend Mishawaka.
- Submit your company event information for inclusion in the online member events calendar.
- Take advantage of the 100+ discounts available to you and your employees from other member businesses under the member-to-member discount program.
- Register for the Office Depot Discount Program for significant savings on office supplies and services both in-store and online.
- Distribute prescription savings cards to your employees for significant savings on prescription medications and more.
- Gain additional exposure for your business by taking advantage of advertising opportunities in CHAMBER magazine, enewsletters, map, visitors guide and on the website.
- Host or sponsor a Chamber program/event or share your expertise through a workshop/seminar for added exposure, or celebrate your success with a ribbon cutting ceremony through the Chamber.
- Notify us when you have address, phone number or staff changes so that we can continue to properly refer your business.
- Take advantage of the added resources available to you through the Chamber’s affiliate partners.
- Ask questions, make suggestions, and provide us with your input at any time. Get engaged and activate your membership!
For additional information, contact Executive Vice President Paul Laskowski at 574.400.4004 or by email.