Youth Development Specialist - School Based PHM School System
Youth Service Bureau St. Joseph County
Company Overview: https://www.ysbsjc.org/aboutus
Industry: School social work - Non-Profit
Website: ysbsjc.org" target="_blank">ysbsjc.org
South Bend, IN 46628
YOUTH DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
Specialists provide social development and skill-building activities to elementary and middle school aged youth. These positions are school based in the Penn-Harris Madison School Corporation.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Works with school personnel to assess student’s cognitive, social/emotional, and physio-neurological needs.
- Supports multiple schools and is willing to use personal vehicle for travel.
- Plans and implements activities/strategies for individual/group skill-building and classroom programs for youth and parents.
- Maintains communication with parents, school personnel, and other agencies.
- Must be willing to report abuse or neglect.
- Maintains appropriate client records and required agency documentation.
- Participates on committees as assigned.
- Represents Supervisor of Youth Development Services when requested.
- Responsible for taking referrals, scheduling, and making appropriate referrals to community organizations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and has the skills to prioritize needs and tasks as they arise.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Minimum of bachelor’s degree in social work or related field, and a minimum of two years of experience working with youth (preference given to people with social development experience to elementary and middle school-aged youth).
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of social work, psychological and human service principles; ability to organize, to schedule, plan, and set goals; ability to relate effectively with youth and families; ability to support students with firmness and compassion; ability to use sound judgement at all times; ability to evaluate effectiveness of services; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
LICENSE NEEDED: Valid Driver’s License; must have use of vehicle and proof of insurance, at YSB required level of coverage.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Supervisor of Youth Development Services
HOURS: 7:30-4:00 or as immediate supervisor deems appropriate.
COMPENSATION: $14.94 per hour, 40 hours a week for 43 weeks ($25,696.80 annually)
This position is exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act’s minimum wage and overtime pay requirements.
This job description is intended to be a general summary of job content. It should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of job duties or job requirements. The Youth Service Bureau is an equal opportunity employer.
see job description
Compensation: $14.94 per hour
To Apply for this position: