Youth Care Worker, Transitional Living Program, Part Time 3rd Shift
Youth Service Bureau of St. Joseph County
Company Overview: https://www.ysbsjc.org/aboutus
Website: www.ysbsjc.org" target="_blank">www.ysbsjc.org
2222 Lincolnway West
South Bend, IN 46628
PART TIME/THIRD SHIFT Mon thru Fri from 11:30pm to 6am (11:30pm-5:30am on Mondays). Includes a 30 minute lunch.*
DESCRIPTION: Supervision of pregnant or parenting female residents and their children, as well as individual male/female youth working towards independence.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Supervises resident activities.
- Responsible for verbally communicating all necessary information regarding residents, program issues, directives, etc. to the Program Supervisor.
- Communicates through documenting and reading the communication log.
- Enforces any and all TLP policies and procedures.
- Remain awake during shift to make regular resident and apartment checks.
- Timely completion of paperwork and case notes.
- Transports residents in personal vehicle as necessary.
- Maintains professional boundaries.
- Responds and acts appropriately in crisis situations
- Supports program goals and outcomes.
- Attends all staff meetings and trainings.
- Uses strength-based solution focused approach, positive youth development, and trauma informed care.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned, including assisting other programs as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree preferred in social work, psychology, criminal justice, or related field. Experience desired.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY: Knowledge of basic sociological, psychological, and child development principles; familiar with child abuse and neglect issues and teen/young adult issues; knowledge of area social service agencies; ability to accurately assess situations and organize and implement care plans, ability to work independently and as part of a team and clearly communicate orally and in written form, ability to deal effectively in a sensitive manner to diverse populations; ability to climb two flights of stairs, lift 40 pounds, stand for several hours, and walk the equivalent of three city blocks
LICENSE NEEDED: Valid Driver’s License and Insured Vehicle
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Supervisor
SALARY RANGE: $13.00 an hour
This position is non-exempt and qualifies under the Fair Labor Standards Act’s minimum wage and overtime pay requirements. This job description is intended to be a general summary of job content. It should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of job duties or job requirements. The Youth Service Bureau is an equal opportunity employer. This job may include exposure to communicable diseases, including HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, and sexually transmitted diseases.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour
see job description
To Apply for this position: