Company Overview: Bradley Company, LLC is a full-service Commercial Real Estate Firm founded in 1978. We offer our clients a full range of commercial brokerage and asset services. With regional offices throughout Indiana and Michigan, we employ nearly 250 knowledgeable professionals. Our experienced team manages 10? million square feet of commercial property including office, retail, industrial and medical office buildings among our many clients. In addition, we act as brokerage agents for over 550 commercial properties. We also manage more than 3,000 multi-housing units varying from conventional to student and associations.
Industry: Real Estate, Property Management
Website: http://www.bradleyco.com/" target="_blank">http://www.bradleyco.com/
South Bend, IN 46601
The Staff Accountant is under general supervision, responsible for the accounting and financial reporting for a portfolio of REMC properties including condominiums, rural development, HUD housing.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures cash receipts are entered and processed in a timely manner
- Verifies accuracy of rent roll information and ensures all tenant billings and lease changes are entered timely
- Prepares all aspects of the financial statement package, including creating and posting journal entries,
- general ledger review and completion of back up schedules
- Ensures that the financial package is completed and delivered in a timely and accurate manner for Property Manager and clients
- Monitor and maintain cash balances as required by client
- Resolves issues and documents response to all review comments generated
- Reviews variances in financial statements and ensure proper coding of accounts payable invoices.
- Completes bank reconciliation is complete and ensures all reconciling items are resolved in a timely manner
- Adheres to internal accounting policies and procedures
- Assist with annual budgets
- Verifies that budget information has been properly input
- Prepare for annual audits
- Assist in the transition and set-up of new properties
- Preparation of 1099’s
- Preparation of Personal Property Tax Returns
- HR /Corp Accounting
- Prepare Residential payends on a bi-weekly basis.
- Prepare RBA and REMC payroll journal entries
- Cross trained on payroll for REMC, RBA, LPH, and WCE – to be completed, at a minimum, on a quarterly basis.
- Group Health Insurance allocations and billback for REMC and RBA.
- Handle RBA WOW spreadsheet changes.
- Other duties may be assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university. Three to five years of related experience and/or training preferred. In lieu of a BA/BS degree, must have five or more years related experience.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret various types of business documents. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches, and articles. Ability to effectively respond verbally or written to complex inquiries or complaints. Ability to present information to an internal group of employees. Requires a high level of commitment to customer service, whether co-workers or clients.
Requires intermediate to advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
Ability to analyze and solve problems involving several options with limited information. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form and to work independently. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences. Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and an openness to new ideas and procedures. General experience with MS Office software and Real Estate accounting software.
To Apply for this position:
Please submit an application at the following link: https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3546849/BradleyCompanyEmploymentApplication