Youth Service Bureau of St. Joseph County
Company Overview: https://www.ysbsjc.org/aboutus
Industry: Social Work, Non-profit
Website: www.ysbsjc.org" target="_blank">www.ysbsjc.org
2222 Lincolnway West
South Bend, IN 46628
PROGRAM: YOUNG MOMS’ SELF-SUFFICIENCY
*POSITION: FULL-TIME SERVICE COORDINATOR
DEFINITION: Provides strength-based home based self-sufficiency services to young parents age 16 to 24.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Responsible for a caseload of young mothers, fathers, grandparents, and their children.
- In conjunction with participant, develop and implement action plans based on comprehensive
- Provide structured learning in participant's homes in child development, parenting,
independent/life skills, employment, academics, and physical and mental health and fitness.
- Provide regular structured, opportunities for participants to use information learned.
- Assist participants to reach goals as defined by action plans.
- Provide referral and follow-up where indicated.
- Serve as an advocate for participant and children in a variety of settings.
- Responsible for all paperwork required by the program.
- Transport clients as necessary to interviews, medical appointments, and to fill out applications
- Participate in periodic client and program evaluations.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A minimum of a bachelor's degree in social work or
related field required and two years experience providing social services to teen/young adult populations preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Familiar with child abuse and neglect, health/lifestyle, child development, domestic violence, positive youth development, trauma-informed care, stress management, teen parenting, teen/young adult issues; familiar with community resources; ability to clearly communicate orally and in written form; ability to accurately assess situations; able to organize and implement plans, able to relate to diverse populations; ability to work independently.
LICENSE NEEDED: Valid Drivers License; must have use of vehicle and proof of insurance at YSB required level of coverage.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Young Moms’ Self-Sufficiency
HOURS: As deemed necessary by immediate supervisor to successfully perform the duties.
SALARY Range: $31,000 to $33,000
This position is exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act’s minimum wage and overtime pay requirements.
This job description is intended to be a general summary of job content. It should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of job duties or job requirements.
The Youth Service Bureau is an equal opportunity employer.
Reviewed/revised: September 2018
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $31,000.00 to $33,000.00 /year
See job description
Compensation: $31-33,000 per year
To Apply for this position: