Member Enhancement Advocate
Notre Dame Federal Credit Union
Company Overview: Notre Dame Federal Credit Union humbly began in 1941 as a conversation between two professors form the University of Notre Dame. Now, over 75 years later, we have grown into a national, award-winning financial institution serving over 56,000 members worldwide. We consider our partners (employees) to be one of our greatest assets to this success. We strive to make great things happen for our members and partners by changing one life every day. If you share that same passion for making an impact on someone’s life, you should apply to join the Notre Dame FCU family.
1828 Moreau Dr.
Notre Dame, IN 46556
This position actively identifies the financial needs of the members of Notre Dame Federal Credit Union and seeks out opportunities to meet their consumer borrowing needs, while referring other needs to appropriate partners. This position will serve as primary point of contact for current and potential members for loan product questions and applications through phone calls and online applications in the Shamrock Center. This position will initiate outbound calls in order to strengthen relationships with members, and increase our overall share in the market. This position will actively seek referrals and follow up on new leads while identifying sales prospects. This position will actively contribute to the achievement of Shamrock Center sales and service goals in order to meet both professional and business goals while achieving member satisfaction, revenue generation, and establishing long-term member relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position must effectively carry out the essential duties of this position in a manner that consistently demonstrates the core values of Notre Dame Federal Credit Union in a positive manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties identified below are the essential functions of the position and other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain an expert level knowledge of all products and services offered by Notre Dame FCU.
- Actively determines members’ financial needs, requirements, and expectations in order to recommend appropriate products and solutions.
- Correspond with members through phone, email, and written communication while maintaining excellent member service standards.
- Effectively generates new and repeat sales by providing accurate product and technical information in a professional manner.
- Accurately presents rates and terms in accordance with standard procedures.
- Accurately input loan applications received online, through calls, by referral, or in cross-sell for all Notre Dame FCU loan products, excluding only, first mortgages.
- Ensures timely follow-up communication with members following sales to make certain ongoing member satisfaction is tracked and improved and to assist in resolving any complaints.
- Manages pipeline for originated applications through closing and accurately completes required management reports.
- Proactively cross sells products and services on every loan application and member interaction by counseling members with regards to deposit products and other non-lending services.
- Assists members in opening new accounts when the membership is required for a loan and actively promotes checking accounts and debit card usage.
- Provides referrals to other departments including the mortgage department, investment services, and the Private Member Group
- Develops sales strategies, maintains and expand referral sources, participates in community and organizational activities
- Contact new and existing members about products and services identified through specific marketing campaigns
- Initiate calls on credit bureaus to determine additional opportunities.
- In a back-up capacity, provides assistance for the Virtual Service team of the Shamrock Center to respond to member’s inquiries and provide service for all types of member needs, including account inquiries, online member banking service, and basic member questions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual will either need to transfer or obtain a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) number to comply with lending guidelines and regulations with respect to Notre Dame FCU home equity products.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, however, an extensive financial institution background may be substituted.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in retail lending sales, with proven track record of meeting goals preferably in the origination/servicing of consumer loans at a financial institution.
- Intermediate level computer proficiency/keyboard skills and knowledge of loan origination software is required.
To Apply for this position:
Please apply via our website at https://www.notredamefcu.com/about-us/careers.
Relevant Military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women. Notre Dame FCU is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.