Youth Service Bureau of St. Joseph County
Company Overview: https://www.ysbsjc.org/aboutus
2222 Lincolnway West
South Bend, IN 46628
This role is located in South Bend, Indiana.
Do you enjoy making an impact within your community where integrity and excellence is valued and where you can make a meaningful difference in our youth’s lives? If so……
Then, Youth Service Bureau has a place for you!
Who We Are:
YSB's ultimate focus is to ensure all youth have access to safety, shelter and the opportunity to succeed. We do this through offering an array of services including a Young Moms‘ Self-Sufficiency Program. Work along experienced, dedicated staff to provide strength-based self-sufficiency services to young parents age 16-24. YSB is looking for a take-charge, motivated and dedicated individual with a passion for helping others.
Work in a positive, caring environment where you will be making a difference!
Our Vision: Every young person will thrive in a SAFE and SUPPORTIVE community.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits (Health – Vision – Life – Dental–EAP)
- Retirement Program with Employer Match!
- Best practice Paid Time Off policies and paid holidays
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role
What You’ll Do:
- As a Service Coordinator, you will maintain a caseload of young mothers, fathers, grandparents and their children, and in conjunction with participant, develop and implement action plans based on comprehensive assessment.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- You will provide documentation of Case Management sessions, and all client interactions.
- You will provide structured learning in participant’s homes on topics including: child development, parenting, life skills, employment, academics, and physical and mental health. Provide referrals to agencies as needed.
- You will transport clients in personal vehicle as necessary to medical appointments, interviews, etc…
- You will complete and maintain all required program paperwork and trainings which include but are not limited to: CPR, CPI, 1st Aid, DCS reporting, Trauma Informed Care, etc…
- You will be responsible for meeting a weekly billable hour goal of 20 hours.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field.
- Experience: 2 years of social work experience.
- Technology Skills: Basic computer skills, Office 365
- Communication Skills: Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership/ Behaviors: Must integrate trauma-informed and positive youth development skills into all interactions with clients while maintaining ethical boundaries and professionalism at all times.
- Culture Match: Must embrace YSB’s mission statement and values and must be willing to be part of a collaborative, caring and hardworking team.
Other Important Information:
Pay/Salary: Starting at $15.87 per hour
Reports To: Supervisor of Young Moms’ Self-Sufficiency Program.
Typical Work Week: Mon-Fri 8-4:30 p.m. – some evening and weekend hours may be required to accommodate client needs.
Direct Reports: None
Travel: As needed for training
Visit our website at: ysbsjc.org
This job description is intended to be a general summary of job content. It should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of job duties or job requirements.
This position is non-exempt and qualifies under the Fair Labor Standards Act’s minimum wage and overtime pay requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
see job description
Compensation: Starting at $15.87 per hour
To Apply for this position:
send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com