Property Manager, Student Housing
Company Overview: A seasoned and talented team of solution-driven, commercial real estate professionals serving the Midwest region. We provide innovative services for all commercial real estate needs. Bradley Company is committed to, and actively invests in, the growth and prosperity of our local communities. Our highest priority is to help our clients align their real estate requirements with their strategic business objectives. Our full-service approach ensures that every client’s experience with Bradley Company is outstanding from beginning to end. Our expertise in all sectors of the market allows us to create an environment that solves problems and strengthens relationships. Trust, loyalty and responsibility are at the heart of everything we do. With a company history that began in 1978, our team consists of more than 270 professionals throughout Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio.
Industry: Real Estate, Property Management
South Bend, IN 46601
Bradley Company is built on our shared core values:
- Entrepreneurial- Fostering an atmosphere of empowerment and innovation to solve problems and build relationships with our clients
- Collaborative- Working together to benefit our clients and communities
- Integrity- Trust, Loyalty and responsibility are at the heart of everything we do
- Champion- Creating value for our clients and community through excellence and a relentless desire to win with grace
We currently have an opening for the following position:
Business (Property) Manager, Student Housing
The Business Manager is under the general supervision of a Property Manager or Regional Property Manager. The major areas of responsibility include maintaining the physical asset and maximizing the financial returns in accordance with the owner’s objectives. The Service Manager reports to the Business Manager; however, the relationship should be deemed as collaborative. The Business Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the property including the provision of superior service to the residents and representing the property and company to the public. In short, the Business Manager is responsible for the business operation of the property.
Fischer Graduate Residences, Notre Dame
5 Primary Responsibilities
- Occupancy Goals
- Internal/External Customer Service
- Training/Employee Development
- Provide Service
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Supervise and maintain resident files, prospect files, property files, and property records.
- Work collaboratively with the Service Manager and, as necessary, direct activities so that priorities are met.
- Monitor and assume responsibility for all work performed on-site by all staff members and service contractors.
- Maintain regularly scheduled, posted office hours at the site.
- Be available to answer questions, comments, or concerns of the residents, including occasional after-hours assistance, as necessary.
- Prepare or supervise the production of all resident communications including preparing and distributing resident newsletters.
- Handle and report any on-site accidents/emergencies that may arise immediately to the Regional Property Manager including completing all required or recommended (photos for instance) documentation.
- Oversee all details of move-ins and move-outs including entry of resident data into the property management computer software.
- Prepare and coordinate advertising and marketing of the property under the direction of the Property Manager or Regional Property Manager.
- Oversee and/or handle all aspects of the leasing process including lease applications, verification of income, lease signing, and completion of other required documents.
- Prepare periodic occupancy reports, as required.
- Maintain weekly traffic reports and up-to-date waiting list.
- Upon receipt of Intent to Vacate prior to move-outs occurring, contact prospects on the waiting list and process these applicants as rapidly as possible in order to maintain maximum occupancy at assigned property or properties.
- Ensure timely collection of rents including sending late notices, as required.
- Deposit monies received into property bank accounts daily.
- Enter rental and other payments into the property management computer software and submit deposit documentation to the corporate office via fax or scan/email.
- Participate in the eviction process as necessary under the direction of Property Manager or Regional Property Manager.
- Oversee and/or obtain appropriate certificates of insurance and contractor safety checklists from on-site contractors and vendors including maintaining current copies on-site, as well as, submitting a copy to the corporate office.
- Assure the company standards of maintenance at the property are being upheld.
- Ensure that maintenance requests are responded to within eight hours and completed within 24 hours of receipt, except in cases where the resident is advised, in advance, of a delay in scheduling. Follow-up communication with the resident is required, either from the Business Manager or Service Manager.
- Periodically follow-up on work order completion and make random inspections.
- Work with Service Manager, staff, vendors, and residents to ensure the provision of a clean, safe, and well-maintained community.
- Conduct monthly property inspections and communicate findings to Property Manager or Regional Property Manager.
- Conduct annual or quarterly unit inspections according to the property guidelines.
- Issue maintenance service requests received from residents as well as those found necessary through daily, weekly and monthly inspections.
- Make recommendations for needed expenditures and improvements. Communicate any and all major maintenance problems to the Property Manager/Regional Property Manager so that appropriate actions can be taken.
- Anticipate necessary repair or replacement of items and obtain approval as necessary.
- Assure vacated units are rent-ready as soon as possible after move out (goal is three days).
- Purchase necessary office supplies within budgetary limits.
- Assist in preparing the annual operating budget for the site.
- Review monthly financial accounting reports from the property manager for a check on variances. If variances exist, they should be made up in the following month.
- Approve invoices for payment and prepare accounts payable routing slips and route for approval on a daily basis.
- Assure that all invoices are received by the corporate office in time for payment.
- Maintain petty cash account and records thereof.
- Business Manager is responsible and accountable for all monies pertaining to the site. Lost or missing funds due to negligence on the part of the rental office shall become reimbursable to the company by the Business Manager.
- Maintain current knowledge of all governmental regulations under the direction and supervision of the Regional Property Manager.
- Attendance Owner/Asset Manager meetings as may be required
Please note that this list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Experience in a Residential Apartment management setting is preferred.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills are required.
- Sales or leasing background is a plus as achieving and maintaining full occupancy is a company standard.
- Office and computer experience are preferred.
To Apply for this position: