AIDS Ministries/AIDS Assist
Company Overview: Founded by the North Indiana Conference of the United Methodist Church in 1989, AM/AA has emerged as one of the state's leading AIDS Service Organizations (ASO's). Recognizing the link between people's health and quality of life, the first staff and volunteers set out to assist those facing HIV/AIDS. As the initial belief that a cure was coming soon passed quickly, education about HIV and its prevention came to the forefront of the agency's goals while it remains committed to those facing HIV. AM/AA provides the tools to help concerned individuals practice prevention in everything they do. AM/AA educates the community and works with them to find effective, common sense solutions to preventing HIV and assisting those who have HIV.
Industry: Social Services
201 S. William Street
South Bend, IN 46601
This position helps clients enroll and maintain active insurance and eligibility for social programs, including the Indiana State Department of Health's HIV Medical Services Program and FSSA.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Assess the needs of the client.
- Maintains flexible availability for scheduled client appointments, general questions, and urgent insurance issues.
- Assists clients with applications for Medicare, Medicaid, employer insurance, private insurance, and enrollment through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Reviews and submits all applications to the HIV Medical Services Program or similar programs, with required supporting documentation
- Re-certifies clients to maintain eligibility for the HIV Medical Services Program and other similar programs, such as the Healthy Indiana Plan (HIP 2.0).
- Assists clients with insurance questions and issues (including but not limited to prescriptions, medical bills, copays, dental, etc.)
- Reports changes in client status to the HIV Medical Services Program and other similar programs, including insurance carriers.
- Frequent communication with Care Coordinators to ensure deadlines and client recertification responsibilities are being met.
- Maintains client records and update with necessary staff.
- Sets appropriate deadlines and resolving client reported issues within a timely manner.
- Advocate for client in regards to services needed as the situation arises.
- Document all services provided to clients, such as reviews, charts, referrals, goals, according to funding requirements and agency policy.
- Participate in site reviews, visits or audits as pertains to the department.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
• Minimum three (3) years work experience in health insurance; enrollment; or accredited college training in a related field, preferred
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local rules and regulations related to HIV Services programs and to the protection of private health information.
• Knowledge of federal and state insurance regulations.
• Knowledge of healthcare benefits such as Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security Administration programs, COBRA, and private health insurance.
• Knowledge of effective communication techniques includes letter writing.
• Working knowledge of computers, including software programs.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and cost comparisons.
• Specialized experience in working with diverse consumer populations.
• Ability to maintain and protect client confidentiality.
• Ability to prioritize workloads in order to most efficiently meet client's needs.
• Ability to work well with other team members and to promote a positive work environment
To Apply for this position:
Please send an updated copy of your resume to Djennings@aidsministries.org