Notre Dame Federal Credit Union
Company Overview: Notre Dame Federal Credit Union humbly began in 1941 as a conversation between two professors form the University of Notre Dame. Now, over 75 years later, we have grown into a national, award-winning financial institution serving over 56,000 members worldwide. We consider our partners (employees) to be one of our greatest assets to this success. We strive to make great things happen for our members and partners by changing one life every day. If you share that same passion for making an impact on someone’s life, you should apply to join the Notre Dame FCU family.
Website: https://www.notredamefcu.com/" target="_blank">https://www.notredamefcu.com/
The Operational Auditor will provide independent assurance to management that assets are adequately protected by performing compliance and operational audits within a financial institution operating environment. The role will support the Director of Operations assuring that management is provided with objective information related to the state of credit union operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must effectively carry out the essential duties of this position in a manner that consistently demonstrates the core values of Notre Dame Federal Credit Union. The duties identified below are the essential functions of the position.
- Completes Quality Control audits on a loan-by-loan basis to validate file documents according to credit union policy. Monitoring for systematic risk in our loan portfolio.
- Reviews credit union operations to check for adequacy, efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Assists the Director of Operations, as requested, with special investigations for Management.
- Asserts opinion on area audited as to personnel performance, reliability of accounting and effectiveness of internal controls.
- Assists with various reporting functions and with correspondence as assigned.
- Maintains current knowledge of all Notre Dame Federal Credit Union policies and procedures, industry regulations and monitors legislative issues.
- Develops and maintains productive team-oriented client, staff, and management relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Ability to direct training for branch, back-office and other internal or external staff.
- Pursues professional development opportunities, including external and internal training and professional association memberships, and shares information gained with co-workers.
- Maintains confidential information and materials in a discreet and professional manner.
- Must write with accuracy when preparing reports of findings for department management.
- Perform other duties and assist other employees, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a complex and evolving environment.
- Strong project management and execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload, anticipating next steps, and adapting to change.
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, systems documentation, audit packages, and other business software to prepare work papers, reports, memos, summaries, and analyses.
- Considerable skill in effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with members, co-workers, staff, and external contacts, and work effectively in a professional team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A qualified candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field. Minimum of two years of experience in operations, accounting, business analysis, or program evaluation acquired in a credit union or related bank operation.
To Apply for this position:
Please apply via our website at https://www.notredamefcu.com/about-us/careers.