Holy Cross College
Company Overview: Holy Cross College is a Catholic, residential, coed, four-year institution of higher learning, offering an applied liberal arts curriculum. It was founded in 1966 and continues to be conducted by the Brothers of Holy Cross a society of lay religious men within the Congregation of Holy Cross (CSC).
Industry: Higher Education
Website: https://www.hcc-nd.edu/career-opportunities/#IT" target="_blank">https://www.hcc-nd.edu/career-opportunities/#IT
54515 State Road 933 North
P.O. Box 308
Notre Dame, IN 46556
The Network/System Administrator is responsible for the technology infrastructure on campus, including the planning and implementation of new technologies and the maintenance and support of the existing environment.
- All administrators, faculty and staff are called to assist students in their formation to be Christ-like students and thus must embrace and advance the Holy Cross mission of the College in all professional activities.
- Maintain and support the College network and system infrastructure, including evaluating performance, troubleshooting issues, properly configuring and updating, monitoring security/compliance, providing guidance on future projects, and following industry best practices for the following technology:
- Cat5e/6 and fiber cabling
- Network switches, firewall, wireless access points, UPS, VPN
- Windows servers and services such as DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, KMS, IIS
- Network Access Control
- Digital signage
- Backup solution
- Virtual environment including Hyper-V and VMWare/Citrix
- Telephone system
- Network printing and print tracking software
- Maintain and write documentation for current processes and projects, and help to develop sound departmental and college technology policies.
- Work as the lead on various technology projects including planning, research, implementation, and testing.
- Maintain vendor and other strategic relationships, to include attending conferences and related activities.
- Monitor industry news and remain current with developing technologies.
- Other duties as assigned.
To Apply for this position:
Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter and three references (names and contact information) via email to Human Resources, email@example.com. Position open until filled.