Member Relationship Advocate
Notre Dame Federal Credit Union
Company Overview: Notre Dame Federal Credit Union humbly began in 1941 as a conversation between two professors form the University of Notre Dame. Now, over 75 years later, we have grown into a national, award-winning financial institution serving over 56,000 members worldwide. We consider our partners (employees) to be one of our greatest assets to this success. We strive to make great things happen for our members and partners by changing one life every day. If you share that same passion for making an impact on someone’s life, you should apply to join the Notre Dame FCU family.
Act as the primary point of contact for our local and non-local members who reach out the Credit Union via phone, chat, or email. Responsible for; opening depository accounts, servicing current accounts, referring mortgages, consumer loans, and investments. Take applications for lending products, and educate members and potential members about all Credit Union products in accordance with the Credit Union's member service model. Ensure work is performed accurately and in a manner consistent with the Credit Union's mission to provide members with quality financial services in a friendly, personal and professional manner. Actively contributes to the achievement of the branch sales and service goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Correspond with members through phone, email, online chat, and written communication while maintaining excellent member service standards.
- Actively seek and make lending, investment, and mortgage referrals.
- Meet or exceed established sales, balancing, and member service goals.
- Seek and maintain an understanding of loan products, review member’s relationships and communicate products that could meet their needs
- Take loan applications upon request or solicitation and forward onto Member Enhancement Advocate, or in some cases directly to underwriting.
- Responsible for routing calls and emails to appropriate departments and branches throughout the Credit Union as needed.
- Respond to member inquiries regarding the operation of depository and loan accounts, access to services, adding or changing service features on various accounts, and assisting members in making the most effective use of service offerings. Examples of these duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to account balance, transaction inquiries, and rate shopping requests
- Processing a variety of transactions including account transfers, cashier's check requests, and loan payments
- Opening new memberships/accounts, as well as, closing accounts
- Processing check orders
- Researching and responding to fee refund requests
- Utilizing Transaction Warehouse to research ACH deposits and rejected payments
- Placing stop payments on drafts
- Performing opt-in maintenance of checking accounts
- Utilizing dSave and CorpOne to research statement and check copies
- Providing information about wire requests or rejections
- Requesting account adjustments to correct errors on accounts
- Perform maintenance and research on Visa Check Cards, including, but not limited to:
- Issuance of cards and/or PINs
- Blocking/Unblocking cards
- Velocity limit increases
- Researching card declines
- Providing travel notifications
- Verifying suspected fraudulent transact ions
- Make payments
- Perform temporary credit line increases
- Providing travel notifications
- Performing address changes
- Researching statement and transaction history
- Assist members with electronic paperwork, including, but not limited to:
- Address changes
- Fraud and Dispute paperwork for VCC, Draft, and ACH transactions
- ATM Complaint or Loss Affidavit
- Internal Transfers
- ACI Authorizations
- Stop Payment for ACH and drafts
- Wire Requests
- Be experts in member banking technology, including, but not limited to:
- Online Banking
- Touch Tone Teller
- Text Message Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Finance Works
- Account-to-Account Transfers
- Operate CRT terminal to accurately post transactions, open and service accounts, access account information, and update member account information.
- Promote a favorable image of and goodwill for the Credit Union in the community.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual will either need to transfer or obtain a Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry (NMLS) number to comply with lending guidelines and regulations with respect to Notre Dame FCU home equity products.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, however, an extensive financial institution background may be substituted.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in retail lending sales, with proven track record of meeting goals preferably in the origination/servicing of consumer loans at a financial institution.
- Intermediate level computer proficiency/keyboard skills and knowledge of loan origination software is required.
To Apply for this position:
Please visit our website to apply: https://www.notredamefcu.com/about-us/careers
Relevant Military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women. Notre Dame FCU is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.