Swiss Machine Operator
C&S Machine Products
Industry: Aerospace, Defense, Medical, Power Generation, Small Arms
2929 Saratore Drive
Niles, MI 49120
C&S Machine is a contract manufacturer specializing in ultra-precision complex components for the aerospace, industrial, defense, medical, and small arms industries. Since our inception in 1966, we have been manufacturing some of the most difficult parts for the world's most demanding industries. This includes specializing in CNC tuning, 5-axis milling, grinding, EDM, honing, lapping, laser marking, testing, and cleaning. We are growing and need qualified employees ready to be a part of a thriving, strong team environment!
C&S is looking for a skilled Swiss Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate machinery. You’ll ensure the continuous and efficient running of production within our Swiss cells.
A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency, profits as well as maintaining the highest quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Set up machines (calibration, cleaning, etc.) to start a production cycle
2. Program machines (depending on experience level)
3. Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
4. Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
5. Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
6. Test operatin of machines periodically
7. Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
8. Keep records of approved and defective unites or final products
9. Maintain activity logs
10. If designated by the team leader, has the authority to perform 1st Article Inspections.
11. Responsible to verify changes to production processes are assessed to confirm that the desired effect has been achieved without adverse effects to product conformity.
- Previous experience as a Swiss machine operator preferred
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer, etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
At least a high school diploma or GED or must be currently attending high school while working as a co-op student. Must be developing a working background of machine experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AS FOLLOWS
Must be able to read English.
Must be able to perform basic math skills and keep accurate product counts.
Has to be able to think for themselves most of the time, but understand when to ask questions.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED)
Must be able to use basic gauging and tooling applicable to department, such as Indicating Micrometers, Test Indicators, Gauge Blocks, Digital Micrometers, and Depth Micrometers.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 250 pounds, but with the help of another person or a mechanical device. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Good hand to eye co-ordination a must.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
C&S is family-owned company that has been thriving since 1966. We value the individual success and fulfillment of our employees. C&S offers an exceptional benefits package which includes: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401k Company Match Program, and more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
C&S Machine Products, Inc. is a Drug-Free Employer
To Apply for this position:
To apply please visit, www.candsmachine.com.