Company Overview: Tenneco's Powertrain Technology business is a leading global supplier of technologies, components and clean air solutions for passenger cars, trucks and off-highway equipment and vehicles. We strive to be our customers' first-choice partner for innovative, best-value engineered product solutions that also meet regulatory requirements, reduce emissions and provide cleaner air. The South Bend plant was founded in 1987 and produces automotive pistons for companies such as GM, FCA, Nissan, and more.
3605 W Cleveland Road
South Bend, Indiana 46628
Perform setup, adjustments, machining and quality checks on prototype samples under the direction of the Prototype Manager. This position will ensure continued output of quality machined components. Also, requires the ability to utilize statistical process control methods, to perform quality checks on a regular basis on each of the machines. This is an advanced position that involves knowledge of various machine operations, ability to read and interpret blueprints, as well as basic diagnostic abilities. Must be able to set-up, hand load and operate each machine in the prototype area. Must be able to attain precise limits, tolerances and standards. When a machine breaks down, this individual is responsible for assisting in diagnosis of the problem. The prototype machinist is responsible for daily PM’s of the machines, keeping records of results of regular prototype cell checks, responsible for editing of programs on all machines and must be able to set tooling using compurgators, gauges, or pre-setting fixture.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
- Previous 1-2 years CNC machining experience, including programming/set-up and operating as a machinist with gauging tolerance of machine parts.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Must be able to load parts weighing 25-50 pounds at waist level.
- Availability to work any shift including days or nights (all shifts may require daily or weekend overtime).
- Must be able to successfully complete a pre-employment hair follicle drug screen, physical, and background check.
To Apply for this position: