Production Applications Expert
Company Overview: C&S Machine is a family owned, professionally run contract manufacturer that has been a leader in the industry since 1966. C&S is dedicated to inspiring people, building great teams, and delivering extraordinary results. We’re growing and are looking for people who share this same dedication, who take pride in the work they do, who collaborate with their teammates, and who aspire to get better every day.
2929 Saratore Dr.
Niles, MI 49120
C&S Machine is looking for an experienced Production Applications Expert who is responsible for troubleshooting and mitigating all manufacturing issues that impede the processing of production jobs. This Production Applications Expert makes improvement suggestions and assists in new cell and product development.
C&S Machine is a family owned, professionally run contract manufacturer that has been a leader in the industry since 1966. C&S is dedicated to inspiring people, building great teams, and delivering extraordinary results. We’re growing and are looking for people who share this same dedication, who take pride in the work they do, who collaborate with their teammates, and who aspire to get better every day. We reward that dedication with:
- Generous bonus structure
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 80% company-paid healthcare benefits
- 401(k) company match
- Work/life balance
- Clean, safe work environment
- State-of-the-art technology, equipment, and facility
We have a deep desire to engage, empower and provide opportunity for employees at all levels in the organization and strongly promote work/life balance, and life-long learning and development. We enjoy a family oriented, people focused culture that has been a key factor in positioning our organization for the opportunities we now have today. Below are the duties and responsibilities for the Production Applications Expert:
- Troubleshoot equipment problems, perform repairs and servicing.
- Ensures that the plant operates within regulatory guidelines and adherence to safety standards.
- Train new CNC Operators on current machines to be able to setup and operate (this would be done by Cell Leads and Application Apps Expert in Manufacturing).
- Transfer skills to CEL’s as issues are diagnosed and resolved to facilitate CEL’s ability to solve issues in the future.
- Performs preventive maintenance activities as required.
- Responsible for creating and reviewing numerical control programs for the machining of parts utilizing software for revision of existing CNC programs as necessary.
- Interface with operators, engineers, managers and manufacturing supervisors to develop an effective manufacturing approach.
- Ensure/verify machining programs – to ensure compliance to drawing and specification requirements.
- Determine the sequence of machine operations and select the proper cutting tools needed to machine work pieces into desired shapes.
- Optimize machine programs on the fly as needed.
- Revise programs to eliminate errors and retest programs to check that problems have been solved.
- They will utilize and maximize the predator software for program distribution to and from the machines.
- Identify, evaluate and provide solutions to complex technical problems in a timely manner.
- Communicate complex issues to management and peers clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Programming troubleshooting.
- New program creation for Applications if directed.
- Set-up documentation.
- Kit creation/package delivery staging as needed.
- Order tooling/quotes; ensure perishable tooling available as needed.
- Meet with tool salesmen.
- Sign off jobs and complete first articles as needed.
- Main goals are: investigate issues, assist on CAR’s, train operators, use expertise to diagnose issues and keep cells running.
- Be a role model for other employees.
- Reports to personnel as described in the Company’s organizational structure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with exceptional accuracy and punctuality. Excellent communication and organizational skills required. Must be able to handle stress and conflict while keeping a good attitude.
PREFERRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
At least a high school diploma or G.E.D. Previous manufacturing experience as well as knowledge and understanding of ERP systems a plus. Or equivalent experience in similar role.
PREFERRED SKILLS AS FOLLOWS
Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, production personnel, department supervisors, engineering, and upper level management.
Must possess excellent math skills that would be fully applicable to any possible business or manufacturing situation. Ideally the individual should be familiar with: General Math (all aspects).
Must possess the ability to think abstractly, to reason, to solve problems, and a strong capability to acquire new knowledge.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and spreadsheets.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Previous sales experience and/or customer service experience would be beneficial.
Scheduling experience in an industrial setting would also be helpful.
Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Professional, very upbeat, and positive attitude.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere.
Ability to organize and bring to completion multiple tasks and projects.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
C&S Machine Products, Inc. is a Drug-Free Employer.
To Apply for this position:
Apply online at: www.candsmachine.com/careers