Kitter/ Tooling Prep
C&S Machine Products
Industry: Aerospace, Defense, Medical, Power Generation, Small Arms
2929 Saratore Drive
Niles, MI 49120
C&S Machine is a contract manufacturer specializing in ultra-precision complex components for the Aerospace, Commercial, Defense, Medical, Power Generation and Small Arms Industries. Since our inception in 1966, we have been manufacturing some of the most difficult parts for the world's most demanding industries. This includes specialializing in CNC tuning, 5-axis milling, grinding, EDM, honing, lapping, laser marking, testing, and cleaning. Our team is growing and we are in need of excited, qualified employees who are ready to be apart of a thriving, strong team environment!
C&S is looking for a Kitter / Tooling Prep to join our team! The Kitter / Tooling Prep is responsible for ensuring optimal kitting practices are executed, including pre-production kit, availability and perpetual kit optimization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- All jobs fully kitted prior to the start of setting up production work. Communicate and work with Planner, manufacturing Manager and Cell Experts.
- Work with Cell Experts and Manufacturing Manager to determine if a perpetual kit is needed for the job.
- Once kit is created, review kit for finalization with Cell Experts and Manufacturing Manager.
- Refer to kitting documentation in IQS for specific cells.
- Verify all perishables are collected and there is enough for the job. Signal order if needed.
- Verify all documentation (traveler and set-up sheet) are ready and up to date.
- Verify that material and any secondary support equipment are available for set-up.
- Physically collect all perishables and organize kit for delivery.
- Accurately preset all tooling into holders to be placed directly into machine.
- Clean and put used tooling away from torn out set-ups.
- Update set-up sheets for changes per Cell Expert Lead instructions (frees up high level peoples time and keeps them making parts).
- Be a role model for other employees.
- Respond to customer requests in a timely manner which will exceed their expectations.
- Available to run misc. plant errands on behalf of production team members, i.e. management track down, cross departmental document / part / information movement needed by the production floor.
- Fill coolant as needed
- Sort skids by work order and check product for correct work order quantities
- Assist warehouse personnel with kit and component related materials.
- Reports to personnel as described in the Company’s organizational structure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
PREFERRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
A high school diploma or G.E.D or equivalent experience in similar role.
PREFERRED SKILLS AS FOLLOWS
Must be able to read English and have the ability to interpret operating and maintenance instructions in machining manuals. Must be able to speak effectively to groups of customers, employees, and salesmen.
Must have a strong background in algebra and geometry, and be able to instill this knowledge to others.
Able to solve practical problems of machining theory when the situations arise in the department. Ability to diplomatically deal with humanistic problems when they occur.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
REQUIRED SKILLS AS FOLLOWS
Working background of machining experience.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 250 pounds, but with the help of another person or a mechanical device. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Good hand to eye coordination a must.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
C&S is family-owned company that has been thriving since 1966. We value the individual success and fulfillment of our employees. C&S offers an exceptional benefits package which includes: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401k Company Match Program, and more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
C&S Machine Products, Inc. is a Drug-Free Employer.
To Apply for this position:
To apply please visit, www.candsmachine.com.