Grind Machine Operator (2nd Shift)
C&S Machine Products
Industry: Aerospace, Defense, Medical, Power Generation, Small Arms
2929 Saratore Drive
Niles, MI 49120
C&S Machine is a contract manufacturer specializing in ultra-precision complex components for the Aerospace, Commercial, Defense, Medical, Power Generation and Small Arms Industries. Since our inception in 1966, we have been manufacturing some of the most difficult parts for the world's most demanding industries. This includes specializing in CNC tuning, 5-axis milling, grinding, EDM, honing, lapping, laser marking, testing, and cleaning. Our team is growing and we are in need of excited, qualified employees who are ready to be apart of a thriving, strong team environment!
C&S is looking for a skilled Grind Machine Operator to set up, maintain and operate machinery on 2nd Shift. You’ll ensure the continuous and efficient running of production.
C&S Offers a great 2nd shift incentive. Earn an extra $45/night or $450/pay check by working 2nd shift hours!
A great machine operator is reliable and able to work with attention to detail and safety standards. On-the-job training is a good way to discover how to do the job better, so you should have willingness to learn and improve. Being a team player is essential since all tasks will require close collaboration with co-workers.
The goal will be to ensure that production procedures will be carried on smoothly to maximize efficiency, profits as well as maintaining the highest quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Has working knowledge of equipment within the cell.
- Performs maintenance as required per the schedules.
- Should be able to operate all the equipment within the cell.
- Must be able to adjust machinery as designated by the team leader.
- Must be able to assist other team members regarding training within the cell.
- Must work in a conscientious fashion, keep work area and equipment neat and clean and practice basic safety habits.
- Must set a good example for co-workers and be a responsible individual.
- Responsible for checking the quality of parts ran and may shut down the respective machine if a problem arises and notify the team leader.
- Has authority, as assigned on a case by case basis by the team leader, to make program offsets and tool changes. Team leader may remove this right at any time.
- The ability to perform 1st article inspections per C&S approval requirements.
- If designated by the team leader, may be able to program and set-up.
- Responsible to verify changes to production processes are assessed to confirm that the desired effect has been achieved without adverse effects to product conformity.
- Reports to personnel as described in the Company’s organizational structure.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
PREFERRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
A high school diploma or G.E.D., or should be currently attending high school while working as a co-op student. Machining experience, or in the process of developing machining experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AS FOLLOWS
Able to read English.
Able to perform basic math skills and keep accurate product counts.
Should be able to think for themselves most of the time, but understand when to ask questions.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to use basic gauging and tooling applicable to department, such as indicating micrometers, test indicators, gauge blocks, digital micrometers, and depth micrometers. Previous grinding experience a plus!
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 250 pounds, but with the help of another person or a mechanical device. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. Good hand to eye co-ordination a must.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
C&S is family-owned company that has been thriving since 1966. We value the individual success and fulfillment of our employees. C&S offers an exceptional benefits package which includes: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401k Company Match Program, and more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
C&S Machine Products, Inc. is a Drug-Free Employer.
To Apply for this position:
To apply please visit, www.candsmachine.com.