Vice President, Multi Housing
Company Overview: A seasoned and talented team of solution-driven, commercial real estate professionals serving the Midwest region. We provide innovative services for all commercial real estate needs. Bradley Company is committed to, and actively invests in, the growth and prosperity of our local communities. Our highest priority is to help our clients align their real estate requirements with their strategic business objectives. Our full-service approach ensures that every client’s experience with Bradley Company is outstanding from beginning to end. Our expertise in all sectors of the market allows us to create an environment that solves problems and strengthens relationships. Trust, loyalty and responsibility are at the heart of everything we do. With a company history that began in 1978, our team consists of more than 270 professionals throughout Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. Bradley Company is built on our shared core values entrepreneurial, collaborative, integrity and champion.
Industry: Commercial Real Estate
112 W Jefferson Blvd
South Bend, IN 46601
The Vice President, Multi Housing is under the direct supervision of the CAO. The Vice President, Multi Housing will be responsible for the effective leadership of the multi-housing line of business. With direct oversight geared towards the market rate portfolio. Setting the strategic direction to increase the value of individual properties while leading a team of high-level professionals to achieve operations, financial and business performance goals will be a key part of this position. The VP, Multi Housing will be responsible for growing the line of business in line with the company strategic goals. This is a player-coach role responsible for the Multi-Housing line of business and directly oversees the market rate portfolio.
5 Primary Responsibilities [from accountability chart]
- Customer Service
- Planned Profitability
- Process Management/ QC
- Provide the Service
Essential Functions and Responsibilities as Line of Business Leader
- Experience managing client expectations, including asset managers and financial institutions.
- Demonstrated strong and effective leadership, staff development and communication skills
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Be at ease with the language of real estate finance.
- Critical thinker able to assess, synthesize and communicate issues and solutions as a key part of the management team.
- Be disciplined and results driven with strong project management skills to ensure consistent focus on key drivers and performance.
- Ability to manage multiple and complex operational matters and prioritize tasks to ensure corporate goals and time frames are met.
- Proven improvement of operating results particularly revenue enhancement and cost-effective expense management both at the property level and the line of business level.
- Superb customer-service skills; demonstrated ability to maintain strong working relations with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret the most complex business documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues, write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style.
- Enhancing SOP’s to ensure optimization and followed by all
- Effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. The ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Business Development, asses property opportunity, create and present proposals, ability to present to client and close the transaction. Fully implement the service offerings.
Primary Responsibilities within the Market Rate Portfolio
- Provides direction, supervision, mentoring and guidance to the portfolio and subsequent Regional Managers, Site Manager and Maintenance Personnel. The Market Rate portfolio currently consists of over 2,000 units.
- This position includes the ability to service the portfolio from a regional managers perspective.
- Analyzes complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions.
- Leads lease-up efforts to attain occupancy goals through creative marketing outreach and training of the on-site management team.
- Focuses on maintaining strong resident retention rates.
- Updates, develops and implements policies and procedures and ensures all are implemented at each of the properties consistently.
- Responsible for departments financial performance in market or region, provides recommendations for tactical and strategic planning.
- Interacts regularly with clients to ensure that objectives are being met, anticipates and responds to client’s needs.
- Ensures each property is managed to achieve the goals of the ownership and mentoring site managers to achieve different goals.
- Oversees and completes the preparation of annual property budgets, forecasts, management plans, monthly performance reports, and variance reports & ensures the delivery of accuracy, timely and complete client communication.
- Participates as necessary in hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion and termination of staff within the Department.
- Performs regular inspections of properties (minimum of semi-annual), recommends and directs alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of properties as necessary.
- Collaborates with maintenance supervision to meet maintenance and capital improvement goals and objectives.
- Ensure overall compliance with best practices for the industry.
- As department grows, ensures new properties are integrated properly and timely.
- Conducts and maintains relationships with "key" clients/tenants, industry and trade associations, representatives of government, public service organizations, customers and vendors as necessary.
- Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating the department.
- Provides input towards systems that may create operational efficiency for the properties.
- Strategic involvement with project management of major repairs and/or capital improvements, as they are managed by direct reports.
- Prepare and analyze profitability analysis for managed accounts and provide recommendations for necessary fee adjustments and/or modified/continued services.
College degree (minimum of 4 years, with preference in accounting, finance or business management) AND 7 to 10 years’ experience in Market Rate property management, focusing on luxury apartments.
Must have experience leading property site managers. Prior experience in direct site management a must including leasing and resident retention strategy and implementation experience.
To be successful, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
To Apply for this position:
Sumbit a resume for consideration by going to bradleyco.com/careers