Major Gift Officer
Holy Cross College
Company Overview: Holy Cross College is a Catholic, residential, coed, four-year institution of higher learning, offering an applied liberal arts curriculum. It was founded in 1966 and continues to be conducted by the Brothers of Holy Cross a society of lay religious men within the Congregation of Holy Cross (CSC).
Industry: Higher Education
Website: https://www.hcc-nd.edu/career-opportunities/#MajorGift" target="_blank">https://www.hcc-nd.edu/career-opportunities/#MajorGift
54515 State Road 933 North
P.O. Box 308
Notre Dame, IN 46556
The Major Gift Officer facilitates strong relationships between prospective donors and the college for securing major gift commitments ($25,000 or more). The gift officer will establish and implement an annual activity plan to foster a robust major gift portfolio. Full time. Minimum 40 hours per week. Must be willing to travel, work nights and weekends when necessary. Initial travel will be regional only including, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois and Ohio.
- All administrators, faculty and staff are called to assist students in their formation to be Christ-like students and thus must embrace and advance the Holy Cross mission of the College in all professional activities.
- Articulate the vision, mission, goals and core values of the college to its constituents.
- Participate in a comprehensive major gift program for the college by facilitating active relationships for assigned prospects with college partners while endeavoring to match college-funding needs with prospects’ interests. Involve college leadership, faculty and staff in strategy development and prospect activities to foster multiple points of contact for each prospect.
- Build a portfolio of 100 qualified prospects (at least 75% at the major-gift level and 25% at the leadership-gift level) through the development cycle, from cultivation to solicitation and stewardship.
- Design general strategies for each assigned prospect based on research data and information gathered through the qualification visits. Assess and document each prospect’s major gift (current) rating and future ultimate gift rating.
- Plan and document detailed activities (in-progress tasks) including personal visits, phone calls, and written communications that deepens the relationship of a prospect with the college and moves them, in a timely manner, from one stage in the development cycle to the next, maximizes giving potential and provides consistent contact with all assigned prospects. Each prospect should have a minimum number of documented in-progress tasks.
- Facilitate a minimum of 90-100 in-person visits per year (average 9/month).
- Document completed activities (completed tasks) in a timely manner.
- Communicate and teach donors the various ways to give (including current, deferred, endowed, and in-kind gifts). Document commitments according to established policies and procedures.
- Follows budget guidelines regarding expenditures incurred in major gift fundraising for effective and efficient use of college resources.
- Review status of individual prospect plans and productivity reports with supervisor each month.
- Other duties assigned to assist the development goals of the College.
To Apply for this position:
Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter and three references (names and contact information) via email to Human Resources email@example.com. Position open until filled.