Data Center Technician
Company Overview: Data Realty is a data center and data management company. Our mission is to harness the power of data and use it to fuel the economic engines of growing companies, communities, and people. We aspire to be the place where data lives and people thrive. Data Realty’s ultimate goal is to build the most advanced, enterprise data management and analytics platform for middle market companies. We serve data driven organizations with a primary focus on the financial services, healthcare, retail, media, and legal industries.
1440 Ignition Drive South
South Bend, IN 46601
A world-class data center like Data Realty is staffed 24 hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days per year. Data Center Technicians play an important role by staffing the data center during the evenings, nights, and weekends. This part-time job is ideal for college students looking a position that does not conflict with daytime classes. Applicants do not have to have advanced IT skills, but should be familiar with basic computer applications and have some basic mechanical aptitude. The most important requirement for this job relates to personal character traits including responsibility, reliability, self-motivation, and integrity. Data Center Technicians report to the Director of Operations & Compliance. Applicants must pass a background screening and employment drug test.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check in visitors to the data center in compliance with strict visitor access procedures
- Monitor data center systems according to well defined monitoring and reporting procedures
- Alert data center technical or management staff to any problems or concerns that arise
- Occasionally assist with the assembly and movement of equipment
- Complete simple maintenance tasks and cleaning duties around the data center facility
- Ability to read and follow written directions with minimal supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Word and Excel
- Ability to use email to communicate information
- Ability to use a computer to perform specific tasks
- Trustworthy, reliable, and self-motivated
- Ability to work evenings, overnights, and weekends
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a confident, can-do attitude, a sense of humor, and a demonstrated ability to interact across all levels on an organization (both internally and externally)
- Ability to represent the company with high level of professionalism
- Share our values of growth, relationships, integrity, and passion
To Apply for this position:
Please email your resume to Mary Jo Ogren at firstname.lastname@example.org.