AIDS Ministries/AIDS Assist
Company Overview: Founded by the North Indiana Conference of the United Methodist Church in 1989, AM/AA has emerged as one of the state's leading AIDS Service Organizations (ASO's). Recognizing the link between people's health and quality of life, the first staff and volunteers set out to assist those facing HIV/AIDS. As the initial belief that a cure was coming soon passed quickly, education about HIV and its prevention came to the forefront of the agency's goals while it remains committed to those facing HIV. AM/AA provides the tools to help concerned individuals practice prevention in everything they do. AM/AA educates the community and works with them to find effective, common sense solutions to preventing HIV and assisting those who have HIV.
Industry: Social Services
Website: http://www.aidsministries.org" target="_blank">http://www.aidsministries.org
201 S. William Street
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Position Description: This position educates youth and MSM about HIV/AIDS prevention and performs counseling & testing.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Participate at health fairs, which includes set up, education presentations and tear down.
- Coordinate POL sessions.
- Develop POL material and recruit participants.
- Organize and maintain resource library.
- Maintain prevention materials, which include condoms, education boxes, etc.
- Perform HIV, Hep C and STI testing when needed.
- Complete all necessary paperwork for grants in a timely matter.
- Meet quarterly program goals as assigned by manager.
- Network with community and state agencies and individuals to expand education and counseling & testing sites.
- Evaluate current education and testing sites.
- Resolve conflicts with and coordinate education and testing sites.
- Actively coordinate services with follow-up.
- Monitor and reassess client’s needs, risks and progress.
- Participate in site reviews, visits and audits as they pertain to areas of responsibility.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
High school diploma and one to two years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills essential. The ability to maintain absolute confidentiality is expected. Certified Phlebotomist. HIV risk reduction counseling training through the Indiana State Department of Health.
Compensation: $28,000.00 to $30,000.00 /year
To Apply for this position:
Email your resume to Djennings@aidsministries.org