Summer Camp Nurse
Company Overview: Camp Millhouse is a residential summer camp for children and adults with disabilities.
Industry: Summer Camp
25600 Kelly Road
South Bend, IN 46614
Camp Millhouse is a residential summer camp for children and adults with disabilities. We are looking for conscienctious, compassionate, hard-working individuals to work shifts during our six week summer program from June 16th thru July 26th. We have 2 hour, 8 hour and 12 hour shifts available Sunday thru Friday. We are looking for nurses willing to take shifts for six consecutive weeks. From the Association of Camp Nurses website: "The most successful camp nurse has a genuine interest in being at camp, enjoys the type of people for whom they provide care, and likes being part of a team. Be a camp nurse because the opportunity intrigues you."
Camp Mission:Inspiring self-discovery in individuals with special needs through a safe, traditional camp experience. Empowerment~Independence~Compassion.
The nurse is responsible for overseeing the health and safety of campers and staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide health care to meet individual needs of camp staff and campers.
- Organize, maintain, and utilize adequate resources for serving the health and medical needs of the campers and staff.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to state and American Camp Association Standards.
- Oversee First Aid procedures and supplies.
- Screen all campers and staff who are arriving and departing camp.
- Supervise sanitary conditions throughout camp.
Other Job Duties:
- Perform any tasks beyond those assigned as help is needed.
- Provide leadership in the camp’s risk management program.
- Be responsible for contacting parents concerning the status of their child’s health by telephone in the following situations: any injury requiring an x-ray, illness requiring an infirmary stay and emergency treatment/accident, etc.
- Be knowledgeable of outside health resources.
- Evaluate medical services.
- Assist as needed with camper care including: bathing, dressing, toileting (including catheter and colostomy care PRN), transfers, ambulation (including pushing manual wheelchairs PRN), meal assistance (including g-tube/j-tube management) and other hygiene tasks
To Apply for this position:
Please submit your resume via email email@example.com, fax 574-233-2511 or mail to 25600 Kelly Road, South Bend, IN 46614