Dr. Daniel Klauer, DDS
Company Overview: The TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre of Northern Indiana is currently seeking a dental hygienist, dental or medical assistant looking for a new and challenging opportunity as a Clinical Assistant. Applicants must have an interest in the treatment of TMD and obstructive sleep apnea, as well as drive to be a part of a team on the cutting edge of the industry. Dr. Klauer and his experienced assistants will provide on-the-job training to ensure your success. A current radiology certification is a plus.
Industry: Medical, Dental
1245 E. University Dr.
Granger, Indiana 46530
Clinical Assistant- These members of our team require a passion for continued education, strong communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills, all while providing outstanding professional customer service. Competency of our treatment protocols, technology, and appointment flow are essential to successful treatment resulting in happy healthy patients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty as listed below.
- Confirms the proper documentation, medical records, imaging and patient information has been obtained prior to the patients arrival.
- Accepting the new patient from the treatment coordinator and gathering a comprehensive health history (including vitals).
- Introduces new patients to the doctor, and giving a 2 minute re-cap on important information collected during health history review.
- Collects data for exam and documents the findings in the clinical notes.
- Set up room for most efficient appointment flow to maximize the doctors time with each patient.
- Keep room stocked and neat for each appointment type.
- Can answer questions about the patients diagnosis and treatment recommendations.
- Records treatment information in the patient’s chart. Enter type of treatment planned for the next appointment and essential notes and required items.
- Ability to run each appointment type fluently.
- Writes letters and faxes correspondence to referring providers, current providers, and new referrals.
- Ability to answers telephone, routes calls, provides information, and takes messages in accordance with practice procedures.
- Uses computer, fax, or courier service to transmit information or documents when requested.
- Performs all necessary duties associated with providing outstanding patient care.
- Calls patients post-delivery to check on fit and comfort of appliances delivered.
- Adheres to all safety and health regulations.
- During end of the day huddles, reports on wins for the day, addresses problems that occurred, and evaluates patient flow from the day with transparent communication.
- During morning huddle, reports to huddle on-time, discuss wins or losses from previous day, expresses concerns about the current days patients or schedule
- Keeps doctor informed of patient concerns/requests and answers patient questions to limit doctors time needed in clinical room.
- Maintain transparent and professional communication at all times.
- Complete basic janitorial responsibilities (i.e. taking out trash, cleaning out fridge, replacing toilet paper/paper towel, sweep and mop floors)
- Any other duties as assigned.
Employees benefit from continuing educational opportunities in their respected area of expertise, team building retreats, plus a respectful and empowering work environment. If you feel empowered by seeing patients regain their life back, you may be a great fit!
The core focus at the TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre is to provide hope & improve quality of life by finding the source of our patient’s problems. We embody integrity and authenticity allowing us to build relationships with transparent communication. We are passionate about our purpose and are committed to lifelong learning and greatness. If this resonates with you, please consider applying for one of our available positions by visiting https://tmjsleepindiana.com/meet-the-practice/careers/ or calling 574-217-4640.
- Knowledge of clinical procedures.
- Knowledge of English composition, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Skilled in the use of standard office equipment including: telephones, calculators, copiers, fax, computers, and computer software (MS Excel, Word, Practice Management software).
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism when exposed to stressful situations.
- Ability to engender trust from the doctors, co-workers, and patients.
- Maintain confidence with the patient regarding abilities of doctor(s) and staff.
- Ability to work cooperatively with management, staff, and patients.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and complete tasks in a timely and independent manner.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate and express thoughts and ideas competently.
- Ability to quickly grasp relevant concepts regarding duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to greet visitors professionally and courteously.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
To Apply for this position:
visit https://tmjsleepindiana.com/meet-the-practice/careers/ or call 574-217-4640