Care Facilitator/Skills Trainer
Oaklawn Psychiatric Center
Company Overview: Oaklawn provides mental health and addiction treatment for children, adolescents and adults in Elkhart and St. Joseph counties. Our specialized services range from skills training and case management to outpatient therapy and inpatient care. As a faith-based organization, we believe in treating the whole person — mind, body and spirit.
Industry: Mental Health and Addictions
415 E. Madison Street
South Bend, IN 46617
Care facilitators and skills trainers help youth, adolescents and adults in our community live healthier and more fulfilling lives. They manage the care provided to clients, help them gain access to needed services and teach skills necessary for clients to achieve their goals.
Primary responsibilities may include:
- Determining the need for services (medical, social, education, etc.) by completing an initial assessment
- Developing a specific treatment plan that supports the client’s goals
- Helping the client obtain needed services, such as food or housing assistance, medical care, Social Security benefits, transportation, skills training, etc.
- Providing one-on-one skills training, focusing on skills such as medication and symptom management, health and household management, coping strategies, interpersonal relationships and more
- Helping clients put their newly-learned skills into practice through assigned work and encouragement
- Following up with the client and evaluating the plan to ensure it is meeting goals
- Advocating for the client and serving as a link between the court, healthcare providers, employers, community agencies and other Oaklawn services
- Supporting clients and their families to help them live successfully in the community/least restrictive environment
- Managing information within a multidisciplinary team
- Documenting all client interaction electronically
- Other duties as assigned
Care facilitators and skills trainers interact directly with clients. The frequency varies with need, availability of the client and the level of intensity, but usually ranges from several times per week to weekly and may include availability in the evenings and weekends. Care facilitators and skills trainers also interact frequently with outpatient therapists, physicians, other employees involved in the case, community agencies, referrals sources and other services. Caseload expectations will take into account training; case complexity, level of frequency and/or other assigned duties.
Minimum Hiring Requirements:
- BA/BS required (BA/BS in social service or a human services-related field preferred)
- Two years’ experience in a social service setting preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
We offer competitive compensation, a full benefits package and career advancement opportunities.
Compensation: $13.55 to $15.05 plus incentives
To Apply for this position:
To apply, please visit our website at www.oaklawnjobs.org to complete the online employment application.