Ice Trail & Pond Supervisor
City of South Bend
Company Overview: South Bend is the economic, educational, media, and cultural hub of a multi-county region spanning the Michigan-Indiana border. Itís the fourth-largest city in Indiana with over 100,000 residents. South Bend's flourishing collegiate community and burgeoning tech industry have built upon the foundation of the city's industrial past to create a vibrant present and a promising future. The cityís 14 institutions of higher learning, including the internationally renowned University of Notre Dame, infuse South Bend with creative energy in the arts, business, and technology. Combined with recent economic growth, strong neighborhoods, an affordable cost of living, exciting recreational opportunities, and thriving arts venues make South Bend a fabulous place to live, work, and, play.
Industry: Local Government
227 W. Jefferson Blvd.
South Bend, IN 46601
Provides administrative support for the Trail & Pond Manager. Responsible for the operation and maintenance of facility in the manager’s absence to include but not limited to; supervising staff, handling customer service and complaints, ensuring policies and procedures are being following, opening and securing facility, handling cash and daily deposits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Assists Manager with the training, supervision and evaluation of all staff.
• Enforces policies, procedures and safety rules set forth by the city and management.
• Assists with the opening and closing of the facility.
• Responsible for handling cash, daily deposits and securing the money at the close of the day.
• Assist in the daily, as well as weekly, clean-up of facilities and grounds.
• Assists with the skate counter operation as needed; handing out skates, wiping them down once returned, restocking the shelf and handling any maintenance of the skates.
• Works directly with the maintenance workers assigned to the rink to handle the day to day maintenance operations.
• Serve as a representative of the City of South Bend, demonstrating a positive attitude and progressive actions through the display of professionalism, courtesy, and appropriate tact and discretion in all interactions with the other employees and with the public.
• Keep a neat and clean appearance and following uniform requirements.
• No use of personal devices of any kind while working.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or equivalent education preferred.
Ability to skate under control and perform basic skating skills required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED
• Knowledgeable in the use of all sharpening equipment and the proper way to maintain rental equipment.
• Knowledgeable in all other job functions at this facility, if the need arises the employee can perform any job.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work with patrons of all ages in various programs.
• Ability to understand and carry out instructions.
• Ability to learn simple office and record keeping skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, afternoons, weekends, evenings and holidays.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• A valid Indiana driver’s license
• CPR/AED/First Aid Certification or able to obtain within days of the program beginning.
Computer, IPad, Square POS equipment, telephone, cash register.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, walk, kneel, stoop, bend and lift; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, and crawl. The employee must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may have to lift 50 pounds.
This work is performed in a building as well as outside on and around the ice, the employee will be exposed to various weather conditions.
To Apply for this position:
For more information and to apply directly: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2695270 or visit https://southbendin.gov/employment to view all City opportunities.