Ice Trail Guard
City of South Bend
Company Overview: South Bend is the economic, educational, media, and cultural hub of a multi-county region spanning the Michigan-Indiana border. Itís the fourth-largest city in Indiana with over 100,000 residents. South Bend's flourishing collegiate community and burgeoning tech industry have built upon the foundation of the city's industrial past to create a vibrant present and a promising future. The cityís 14 institutions of higher learning, including the internationally renowned University of Notre Dame, infuse South Bend with creative energy in the arts, business, and technology. Combined with recent economic growth, strong neighborhoods, an affordable cost of living, exciting recreational opportunities, and thriving arts venues make South Bend a fabulous place to live, work, and, play.
Industry: Local Government
227 W. Jefferson Blvd.
South Bend, IN 46601
Responsible for monitoring the participants as they skate on the ice to ensure their safety and that the rules of the facility are being followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list represents the types of duties required by the position. Other duties may be assigned as reasonably expected.
• Assist in the daily, as well as weekly, clean-up of facilities and grounds.
• Responsible for being on the ice and ensuring the participants are following all safety rules.
• Responsible for assisting any participants that injure themselves on the ice by helping them off the ice to seek medical attention and complete incident reports when necessary.
• Assist the maintenance personnel with situations concerning the ice conditions.
• Assisting with security inside the building as needed.
• Serve as a representative of the City of South Bend, demonstrating a positive attitude and progressive actions through the display of professionalism, courtesy, and appropriate tact and discretion in all interactions with the other employees and with the public.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A high school graduate, equivalent education preferred.
Ability to skate under control and perform basic skating skills required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES PREFERRED
• Ability to communicate effectively and work with patrons of all ages in various programs.
• Ability to understand and carry out instructions.
• Ability to learn simple office and record keeping skills.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, afternoons, weekends, evenings and holidays.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• A valid Indiana driver’s license
• CPR/AED/First Aid Certification or able to obtain within days of the program beginning.
Skate Sharpener a plus, Ipad, two-way radio.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, walk, kneel, stoop, bend and lift; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, and crawl. The employee must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may have to lift 25 pounds.
This work is performed in a building as well as outside on and around the ice, the employee will be exposed to various weather conditions.
To Apply for this position:
For more information and to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2695267 or visit https://southbendin.gov/employment to view all City opportunities.