Smith & Associates, a private wealth advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial Inc.
Company Overview: Comprehensive financial planning and wealth management advisory services... The practice focuses on simplifying the lives of busy people by providing integrated financial planning, insurance, tax, estate and wealth management services and advice. Our goal is to provide our clients with the information they need to make educated financial decisions, to help them keep their financial house in-order and to help them increase their level of financial independence on a consistent basis.
Industry: Financial Advice
205 West Jefferson Blvd
South Bend, IN 46601
Step into an instrumental role with an established Private Wealth Advisory Practice of Ameriprise Financial Services Inc., partnering directly with franchise owner & advisor of 28 years -- Scott D. Smith, CFP®. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced and friendly financial planning office and assist in daily business operations. Increase your skill as a financial planning practitioner, provide financial service and advice to clients and grow your own client base (if applicable).
The associate financial advisor will assist the lead advisor(s) in working with clients to help them achieve their financial goals. The employing franchise owner will lead you as you hone your skills and build a base of clients which you serve. As an associate financial advisor, you will be instrumental in creating and delivering a unique client experience that defines and differentiates the practice. This position will consistently follow high standards of business & professional ethics and legal & regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
This role provides client relationship support through managing, gathering and analyzing client data, helping prepare preliminary financial plans and other client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues and other practice management tasks as needed. The role also responds to ad hoc requests, coordinates/tracks projects and/or manages small “business as usual” projects such as organizing client events and/or webinar/teleconferences.
Responsibilities and Time Allocation - Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
Financial planning & advice | Product solutions | Client care
· Work closely with the Franchise Advisor to learn and implement the practice’s unique Client Service Model
· Employ the 6 areas of financial planning (as defined by the CFP Board) when providing financial and wealth management services/advice to clients
· Financial plan construction, review and case opportunity suggestions. Work with the practice’s analyst(s) to create client financial advice deliverables.
· Prepare preliminary financial planning recommendations and review/edit them for accuracy and completeness
· Prepare initial product solutions and illustrations for advisor review and use in client meetings
· Provide advice, client service and follow-up as a fully licensed member of the practice
· Focus on helping clients implement the advice solutions provided
· Prepare charts, graphs, tables and other visual aids to be used in implementation meetings with clients
· Develop portfolio/robust product solution recommendations that will fit the client’s risk tolerance and time frame as well as develop appropriate product deliverables
· Review Managed Accounts portfolio construction, performance, allocations and strategies - assist with completing reporting for internal Ameriprise processes
· Work with the Franchise Advisor to place trades, move money and handle SPO/DCA arrangement for clients. Work directly with clients to confirm trades.
· Some back-office work processing client forms or trouble shooting through partnership with the Ameriprise Home Office
· Be fully compliant with all regulatory and corporate compliance standards
Client care | Business management
· Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the lead advisor(s). Review work methods and procedures for possible quality improvements and efficiencies and implement them when appropriate.
· Assign and delegate work and provide feedback, when appropriate, to other planning support staff
· Attend daily stand-up and weekly staff meetings
· Act as a technical resource and provide training and support to other practice members (as needed)
· Develop and implement an annual marketing plan to meet client acquisition goals
· Implement and manage key marketing activities
· Focus on new client acquisition
· Focus on increasing the Assets Under Management (AUM) of the practice
Key Traits of a successful associate financial advisor
- Direct attention to detail and organization
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff
- Effective and efficient time management
- Polite and clear phone manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial and FINRA
- Ability to market to, acquire and service clients (locally and nationally)
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor’s practice
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow
- Analytical ability, persistence and an entrepreneurial perspective to build a client base
- Current client base is a plus but is not required
Education and other designations:
- College degree or higher
- Minimum of 2+ years of similar experience
- Already have or be able to study for and pass exams for federal and state licenses and registrations for securities, including:
- Series 7, Series 63 or 66, and state life, accident and health insurance licenses
- Professional designations desirable
This role is designed with the security of a base salary combined with the upside potential and growth of variable incentive pay based on the growth of your individual client base. An offer will be made based on experience and situations.
To Apply for this position:
Instructions for applying for this position:
Resumes will not be accepted without a cover letter that states why you would be a good fit for this position and the compensation range you wish to discuss. Also in your cover letter, please describe your three most defining characteristics or attributes. This exercise is meant to show us your writing skills and ability to follow directions as well as to help us get to know you.
- Contact Name: Tara J. Smith
- (574) 273-8680
- Email Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
- Note that you must follow these exact instructions or your resume will be rejected. Thank you.
Please click on this link to see our website: https://www.ameripriseadvisors.com/team/smith-associates1