Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) Compliance Specialist
Notre Dame Federal Credit Union
Company Overview: We are a mission-based financial institution that shares the common beliefs of our members and is dedicated to solving problems through extraordinary member service. We believe that through frank advice, financial workshops, and educational scholarships, we can provide the financial tools to empower their lives and the lives of their families.
6561 Lonewolf Dr
South Bend, IN 46628
The Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) Compliance Specialist position is responsible for, but not limited to, reviewing and validating HMDA data for applicable originated and non-originated mortgage loan applications. This applies to both first and second mortgage loan products. This position will support HMDA delivery by meeting regulatory filing dates and ensure compliance efforts are maintained in accordance with credit union policy and regulatory requirements. This position will review the credit union’s HMDA Loan Application Register (LAR) and use various verification methods and regulatory guidance in order to ensure the completeness and accuracy of HMDA reportable loan applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs HMDA monitoring for loans and applications within the residential, consumer, and commercial departments utilizing Encompass, Questsoft and CU*Base
- Reviews LARs on a monthly basis to ensure accurate HMDA data is reported and support submission of the annual HMDA LAR to the CFPB
- Reviews loan applications to determine whether HMDA applies, or to verify the accuracy of any prior determinations made
- Coordinates with various departments and employees within the credit union to resolve any inconsistencies in loan data, and recommend changes as warranted that will ensure the efficiency and accuracy in reporting of data
- Assists in the preparation of reporting for management of findings on HMDA file reviews
- Assists in preparation for audits and examinations
- Maintains an advanced level of HMDA expertise via continual training and development; and can analyze and interpret regulatory requirements and related documentation gathered during the loan application process
- Assists with internal HMDA training as needed
- Stays up-to-date with the credit union’s lending practices, procedures, and loan systems
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is strongly preferred with two years of loan operations and/or HMDA data collection experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To Apply for this position:
Please apply via our website at https://www.notredamefcu.com/about-us/careers.
Relevant Military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Notre Dame FCU is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.