Assistant Controller, Corporate Office, South Bend, IN
1st Source Bank
Company Overview: Founded in 1863 in South Bend, Indiana, 1st Source Bank has offered clients a convenient and friendly way to bank for over 155 years. At 1st Source, we listen to our clients, understand their needs and always keep their best interests in mind. 1st Source Bank remains the largest locally controlled financial institution headquartered in the northern Indiana-southwestern Michigan area. We operate banking centers across our region, boast 1st Source Bank Specialty Finance Group locations nationwide, as well as several Wealth Advisory Services locations and 1st Source Insurance offices. We deliver a comprehensive range of banking services along with highly personalized attention to our clients, both individuals and businesses. Our mission is to help our clients achieve security, build wealth and realize their dreams. Additionally, for over 155 years, 1st Source Bank has been giving back to our communities to actively help build good places to live, work and raise our families. This service to our community is one of our principal values and has defined who we are and how we do business.
Industry: Banking/Financial Services
P.O. Box 1602
South Bend, IN 46634
POSITION SUMMARY: Participates with Controller in administration, coordination and evaluation of the financial activities of the bank by maintaining financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. Ensures corporate and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions.
- Supports and provides assistance to Controller in managing the Accounting department and plays a critical role in staff development, technical accounting issues and other accounting processes.
- Directs and coordinates the accounting and financial reporting functions for the corporation, department and subsidiaries.
- Manages and supervises accounting professionals as assigned and exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning hiring, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations.
- Responsible for overseeing Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings and/or other regulatory reporting.
- Provides overall accounting direction, training and support to various decentralized accounting functions throughout the corporation.
- Coordinates all regulatory exams with regulatory agencies.
- Primary contact with external accounting firm and coordinates audit of financial statements.
- Oversees the general ledger system control reconciliation process.
- Monitors new accounting standards and stays abreast of current accounting (GAAP) rules. Determines impact to financial statements including related footnote disclosures and coordinates the implementation of necessary changes including internal controls.
- Reviews various management reports for accuracy and content.
- Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position.
- Must understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and comply with the requirements.
- Participates in the budget and reforecast process.
- Serves as a member of the Finance Business Planning team.
- Serves as a member of the Compliance Committee.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Ten (10) or more years related experience preferred.
- Previous financial institution and regulatory experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience managing a team required.
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP.
- Must have a strong background in financial statement preparation.
- Strong PC skills--proficiency in Word and Excel essential.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with no supervision; manages time for high productivity and allocates resources to match production needs.
- Ability to be proactive, take initiative, and carefully monitor, follow through, and complete every project/responsibility.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree required; concentration in accounting required. Masters and/or CPA preferred.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel over-night, as needed for meetings, projects, seminars, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Compensation: To be discussed.
To Apply for this position:
Please visit our website, https://www.1stsource.com/careers, to create a candidate profile and apply directly.