Assistant Director of Corporate, Foundation & Government Relations
Saint Mary's College
Company Overview: Saint Mary’s College is an all-women’s Catholic institution located just north of South Bend, Indiana, on 100 acres of trees, gardens, and manicured lawns. It is fully accredited through the Higher Learning Commission of North Central Association with more than 30 undergraduate majors, 4 graduate programs, and approximately 1,600 students. The tradition of empowering women through excellent academic programs and spiritual support began with its founding in 1844 by the Sisters of the Holy Cross. Saint Mary’s College has practiced its core values of learning, community, faith/spirituality, and justice for more than 170 years. The College continues to grow and prosper, with approximately 20,000 living alumnae. Saint Mary’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College’s mission, Saint Mary’s is committed to increasing its diversity at all levels—students, faculty, and staff—and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.
Industry: Higher Education
104 Facilities Building
Notre Dame, Indiana 46556
The Assistant Director of Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations (CFGR) works with the Director of Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations to plan and implement a comprehensive program for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of funding from foundations, government agencies and corporations. This position will also play an integral role in developing and maintaining related processes, documents and infrastructure related to grants at Saint Mary’s College.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports the preparation of compelling and persuasive proposals, with associated budgets, to corporate, foundation and government funders in order to advance the mission of Saint Mary’s College.
- Supports a comprehensive system of acknowledgement and stewardship reporting, in conjunction with faculty, administrators, and the business office, including monitoring grant budgets for allowability of expenses and proper allocation, and maintaining reporting protocols and processes.
- Maintains records related to grant compliance, including federal requirements, and identifies gaps in documentation, training, etc. when necessary.
- Communicates effectively with the CFGR Director, faculty, and staff and aligns proposal-related processes to ensure timely submission of proposals and reports.
- Identifies fundable programs and projects at Saint Mary’s College and matches them with potential funders.
- Coordinates and assists with informational sessions and workshops for faculty on developing successful proposals.
- Prepares briefing materials for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship meetings with funders and potential funders for the CFGR Director, the Vice President for College Relations and the President.
- Tracks trends and developments within the grant-making community, including private and corporate foundations.
- Contributes to building a culture of philanthropy at Saint Mary’s College by taking responsibility for other special tasks as requested.
A Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a writing intensive field with a minimum of two years of demonstrated success in grant writing or comparable experience. Strong problem solving skills, the ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and a willingness to be flexible in the face of changing priorities. Also the ability to engage in limited travel.
Saint Mary’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College’s mission, Saint Mary’s is committed to increasing racial and ethnic diversity at all levels—students, faculty, and staff—and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.
To Apply for this position:
To apply, please submit an on-line application to https://jobs.saintmarys.edu