C&S Machine is a leading contract manufacturer specializing in ultra-precision complex components for the Aerospace, Commercial, Defense, Medical, Power Generation and Small Arms Industries. Since our inception in 1966, we have been manufacturing some of the most difficult parts for the world’s most demanding industries. This includes specializing in CNC turning, 5-axis milling, grinding, EDM, honing, lapping, laser marking, testing, and cleaning. C&S Machine is ISO 9001, AS9100, ISO 13485, and Nadcap Nonconventional Machining certified. Industry:
Aerospace Website: candsmachine.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
Organizational Leadership, Professionalism & Personal Accountability: As this position supports an executive in the organization, all behaviors of the individual in this role are a direct reflection on the company and its leadership and therefore this individual must seek to hold themselves to higher standards at all times:
• Always demonstrates leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with internal staff • Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated. • Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization and manages a variety of special projects some of which may have organizational impact. • Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures and scenario’s which require problem solving and making adjustments to plans. • Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; implementing changes
Administrative Support Duties
• Manage and maintain President’s schedules, including scheduling travel and meetings,
making appointments, and making changes to appointments.
• Answering and directing calls; taking messages. Reading, monitoring and responding to
President’s email account
• Keep executive area stocked and cleanly
• Greeting visitors and determining access to appropriate parties.
• Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations.
• Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
• Provide clerical and general office support. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to other
staff members when appropriate.
• Interact with customers when appropriate and problem solve. Document complaints and
develop an appropriate course of action. Report problems to President when they cannot
be resolved for attention.
Personal Support Duties
• Provide support and representation in social, and personal realms of life of President,
including but not limited to errands, appointment management, personal shopping, gift
buying, event management, babysitting, vacation & trip planning and special projects.
• Oversee household staff & vendors
• Manage errands, such as picking up dry cleaning, returning presents and going on coffee
• Picking up children from school, scheduling appointments, watching children when
schedule conflicts arise
• Assist Executive Vice President as needed
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required with minimum 3-5 years prior professional or
administrative experience required.
• Ability to follow complex, multi-step procedures to complete tasks, sometimes with
• Proficient in Microsoft suite, MS Word, Excel, Outlook. Perform filtering and sorting
of data, pivot tables and other functions.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks
seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with
stakeholders, including staff, executives, customers or vendors.
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive and positive approaches to problem-solving with strong
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to
various competing demands
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
PREFERRED SKILLS AS FOLLOWS
Must be able to communicate effectively with internal or external employees or
customers, vendors and suppliers.
Must possess excellent math skills that would be fully applicable to any possible business
or manufacturing situation. Ideally the individual should be familiar with: General Math (all
Must possess the ability to think abstractly, to reason, to solve problems, and a strong
capability to acquire new knowledge.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Professional, very upbeat, and positive attitude.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere.
Ability to organize and bring to completion multiple tasks and projects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit in front of a computer for
long periods of time. The employee may also be required to take frequent walks throughout the
shop, any time of the day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.