Company Overview: Bradley Company, LLC is a full-service Commercial Real Estate Firm founded in 1978. We offer our clients a full range of commercial brokerage and asset services. With regional offices throughout Indiana and Michigan, we employ nearly 250 knowledgeable professionals. Our experienced team manages 10± million square feet of commercial property including office, retail, industrial and medical office buildings among our many clients. In addition, we act as brokerage agents for over 550 commercial properties. We also manage more than 3,000 multi-housing units varying from conventional to student and associations.
Industry: Real Estate, Property Management
South Bend, IN 46601
The Compliance Manager is under the direct supervision of the Vice President, Multi-Housing. The Compliance Manager is assigned a portfolio of Property Assets within the Bradley Affordable Portfolio.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring all the aspects of program compliance for Section 42 tax credit (LIHTC) and/or HUD and RD Subsidized Multifamily housing (MFH) affordable programs across the Bradley Company Portfolio. Monitoring all activities related to leasing and re-certifications, maintenance, and resident services and ensures compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as Bradley Company policy. The incumbent must have strong leadership, research and organizational skills and a spirit of cooperation and teamwork to fulfill the responsibilities of this position.
- Maintain and direct staff to assure compliance that all certifications are properly submitted on the IHCDA Housing Online Management System.
- Responsible for submitting all required reports to state housing agencies.
- Assist on-site managers with correcting and/or reconciling Yardi related computer problems.
- Audit properties’ lease files to adhere to various program requirements.
- Audit properties’ Yardi (computer) files
- Enhances Multifamily effectiveness by providing the necessary assistance, information and support to on-site managers and personnel.
- Produces information and prepares reports by reviewing and analyzing reports submitted by on-site managers and observing property operations during site visits.
- Organizes work by maintaining files of all correspondence from on-site managers and personnel regarding Yardi related issues, including requests for assistance, corrections and/or changes applied to the system, as well as solutions offered.
- Complete requests by communicating with managers during periodic site visits requested site visits or telephone by answering questions regarding Yardi and/or Multi-Family policies and procedures. Be available to on-site property managers for assistance/support during working hours. Refer inquiries to technical support office, whenever necessary.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending HUD, RD, LIHTC training on a regular basis and share any knowledge gained with the onsite staff.
- Provides informational services by ensuring the implementation of Yardi system changes and assist if necessary. Ensure Multi Family policies and procedures are being implemented in a timely and correct manner.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as expected. Ensure on-site managers possess the knowledge to operate the Yardi program correctly and efficiently.
- Assists regional managers with TRACS/MINC issues for all assigned properties
- Uses the EIV system to obtain income information and distribute to assigned properties
- Assists in Preparation for Quarterly Training Meetings
- Reviews corrects and approves files for initial move-in through determination for eligibility for the LIHTC program.
- Reviews re-certifications and renewal files, corrects recert/renewal files, approves recert/renewal files
- Maintains procedures, policies and processes for residents file management and protocols.
- Assists with obtaining information necessary for completion of grants
- Represents the property at Management and Occupancy Reviews
Please note that this list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.
- College Degree (minimum of 2 years) or 3-5 years’ experience in property management, focusing on housing compliance.
- Extensive Knowledge of HUD subsidy and LIHTC regulations.
- In addition, the individual should have a LIHTC certification and a Certified Occupancy Specialist (or equivalent) designation.
- Regional day travel is required- must have reliable transportation.
- Detailed oriented, able to prioritize tasks and be extremely organized.
- Must be dependable, able to work independently and as well as onsite staff.
- Property Management background
- Ability to comprehend and refer to computer manuals, Housing and Urban Development regulations (4350), and other agency regulatory manuals and agreements.
To Apply for this position:
To apply for this position, please visit the following link: https://easyapply.co/a/2ae4a34a-db5b-47e2-84d6-6081041ebac1