Business Services Advisor II
United Federal Credit Union
Company Overview: United Federal Credit Union has served its Members since 1949 by helping them to build a sound financial future. United consists of more than 174,000 Member/owners worldwide and manages assets in excess of $2.8 billion. Its corporate offices and main branch are in St. Joseph, Mich., with additional branches in Arkansas, Indiana, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, and Ohio. Federally insured by NCUA. Equal opportunity lender. Equal housing lender.
Mishawaka, IN 46545
General Summary (What is done and why)
The Business Services Advisor provides quality business lending expertise through financial counseling and product awareness to Credit Union members regarding their business financing needs and generates investment quality business loans by taking loan applications in support of loan growth objectives. Generally manages a typical book of business of $15MM-$25MM.
Essential Functions, in Priority Order (Majority of duties, but not meant to be all inclusive or prevent other duties from being assigned as necessary)
- Provide financial counseling through interviewing, pre-qualifying and the business loan application process. Responsible for securing deposit commitments from borrowers and partnering with branch personnel for account opening and funding. Responsible for effective cross selling of all products and services via referrals to branch personnel. Time: 70%
- Develop and maintain relationships with the business community to promote business loan programs, deposit products, and ancillary services. Represent the Credit Union at community business functions. Give educational presentations within the community. Time: 20%
- Work with branch lending personnel regarding business programs. Provide educational support to branches and members. Time: 10%
Education (Minimum education required to perform the duties of this position)
- Bachelors' degree or two years of related work experience required.
Experience (Minimum experience required to perform the duties of this position)
In addition to the education requirement:
- Generally, at least three years of dedicated commercial lending experience or highly translatable skill set and experience required, seven years preferred.
- Developed business relationships and established professional network within community desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Minimum technical and communication skill levels and licenses/certificates normally required to perform the duties of this position)
- Thorough business knowledge of the business lending industry.
- Experience with treasury management sales.
- Demonstrated secondary market skills and knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of lending laws, regulations, policies and compliance.
- Ability to develop or improve loan products.
- Ability to develop strategy for seminars, presentations and trade shows.
- Proven track record of effective sales/service skills and techniques.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate information.
- Ability to use good judgment and make sound decisions quickly.
- Ability to work and reason under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize in a multi-task environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional image.
- Ability to interpret lending guidelines and regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of guidelines necessary to generate business loans.
Tools and Equipment Used
- All available general office equipment as needed.
- All available computer software and hardware as needed.
Working Relationships/Contacts (Positions with which incumbent has frequent contact)
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union staff.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union management.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with business community.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with Credit Union members.
- Daily, personal/written/phone contact with vendors.
Physical Demands (Physical effort generally associated with this position)
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most work is done from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading detailed reports and computer screens. Deadlines, workloads and pressure to achieve goals may cause increased stress levels.
Working Conditions (Typical working conditions with this type of work and environment hazards, if any, that may be encountered in performing the duties of this position)
Internal – Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of duties. Length of day is unpredictable; long hours may be required to accommodate deadlines or special meetings.
External – some overnight travel may be required; however, information on environmental conditions is not available.
To Apply for this position: