Bilingual Mortgage Loan Processor
Notre Dame Federal Credit Union
Company Overview: Notre Dame Federal Credit Union humbly began in 1941 as a conversation between two professors form the University of Notre Dame. Now, over 75 years later, we have grown into a national, award-winning financial institution serving over 56,000 members worldwide. We consider our partners (employees) to be one of our greatest assets to this success. We strive to make great things happen for our members and partners by changing one life every day. If you share that same passion for making an impact on someone’s life, you should apply to join the Notre Dame FCU family.
1614 E. Day Rd.
Mishawaka, IN 46545
To perform all duties as required meeting the financial needs of the membership of the Notre Dame Federal Credit Union as it applies to origination process including processing mortgage loans. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred. As authorized, and in accordance with sound interviewing practices as set out in policy and procedures, ensures borrower’s applications for credit or extension of credit secured by real estate property are processed in a prompt manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position must effectively carry out the essential duties of this position in a manner that consistently demonstrates the core values of Notre Dame Federal Credit Union in a positive manner. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The duties identified below are the essential functions of the position:
- PRIMARILY PERFORMS PROCESSING FUNCTIONS:SECONDARILY PROVIDES BACKUP FOR LOAN CLOSING/POST-CLOSING FUNCTIONS:
- Supports the mortgage loan originators by processing applications and all supporting documents in a timely and accurate manner.
- Inputs proper loan information into mortgage system for processing.
- Provides information to members about mortgage loan services and products and helps them gather information to properly make timely and complete application.
- Orders third party verifications/services necessary to review mortgage applications.
- Maintains high accuracy and low error rates on documentation related to lending activities.
- Prepares and reviews all loan documents necessary to extend mortgage credit to members.
- Reviews file documentation to ensure all items needed are requested, orders and coordinates loan documentation, and meets crucial deadlines.
- Performs loan funding and other post-closing activities in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of secondary market requirements as they apply to the origination and processing of real estate lending. Processes mortgage closing documents and, when necessary, performs the loan closing function.
- Maintains high accuracy and low error rates on documentation related to lending
- Follows all Federal and State regulations applicable to the lending activities at Notre Dame Federal Credit Union.
- Becomes familiar with the operation of various other Credit Union departments.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully individuals must be accurate in the documentation, from application taking to closing documentation and following established policies, practices, and procedures for lending. In addition, such persons must be able to process loans in a timely manner and perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
•College degree preferred, however, an extensive financial institution background may be substituted.
•Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the processing of mortgage loans at a financial institution with additional experience in underwriting beneficial.
•Advanced understanding of mortgage lending processes including proper documentation and appropriate regulations necessary.
•Secondary market experience, either with Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, preferred.
•Qualified persons must be eligible for registration with the NMLS.
To Apply for this position:
Please visit our website to apply: https://www.notredamefcu.com/about-us/careers.
Relevant Military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women. Notre Dame FCU is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.