Company Overview: Bradley Company, LLC is a full-service Commercial Real Estate Firm founded in 1978. We offer our clients a full range of commercial brokerage and asset services. With regional offices throughout Indiana and Michigan, we employ nearly 250 knowledgeable professionals. Our experienced team manages 10± million square feet of commercial property including office, retail, industrial and medical office buildings among our many clients. In addition, we act as brokerage agents for over 550 commercial properties. We also manage more than 3,000 multi-housing units varying from conventional to student and associations.
Industry: Real Estate, Property Management
South Bend, IN 46601
The Staff Accountant is responsible for accounting activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts, developing financial statements and analysis for properties under management by Bradley. The Staff Accountant supports our IT Systems Manager with tactical activities in Yardi, our accounting software, for the maintenance and uploading of critical account operational data.
South Bend, Indiana
5 Primary Responsibilities
- Timely Financial Reporting
- Accurate Financial Reporting
- Minimize Audit Findings
- RD Budgeting
- Internal Customer Service
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Closes month-end accounting books. Prepares bank reconciliations including balance sheet and profit and loss statement.
- Reviews and/or processes billing/invoicing and enters data into the accounting databases.
- Serves as main organizational point of contact to set-up new property accounts into Yardi
- Monitors and maintains the integrity of the property information database through frequent review of accounts
- Assists IT Systems Manager to address internal frequently asked questions and answers related to the Yardi and system and operations.
- Submits cash applications to the vouchers/invoices. Researches and resolves account receivable issues.
- Analyzes records of financial transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of entries.
- Prepares income statements, balance sheets, and various other accounting statements or financial reports for field and management reference for mid to large size customers or markets including reconciliations & variance analysis.
- Analyzes accounting variances and prepares variance explanation reports. Prepares and/or reviews projections of accounting data to show effects of proposed changes on income and financial condition.
- Maintains, records, and reconciles billings and accounts receivables for mid to large size clients/markets or accounts. Examines financial statements and documents for conformance with accounting requirements and principles.
- Creates month-end accounting entries and reconciles discrepancies; posts to GL and reviews variances to budget. May be required to read and interpret contracts, legal documents, and other agreements.
- Ability to record complex business transactions in the general ledger.
- May participate in system conversion or enhancements and training other staff members on new processes/systems.
- Reviews and audits funding and payment requests for accuracy, documentation, and authorization in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Responds to and resolves issues and requests from management teams and clients regarding various accounting issues and reports, including Profit and Loss statements.
- Researches open accounting issues and recognize potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can intercept and minimize issues.
- Creates and/or reviews complex property budgets and forecasting for assigned property portfolios.
- May interface with clients regarding the accounting activities of their assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1+ years professional level accounting experience
To perform this job successfully, an individually must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
To Apply for this position:
Please submit your application and resume at the following link: