C&S Machine Products
Company Overview: C&S Machine is a contract manufacturer specializing in ultra-precision complex components for the Aerospace, Commercial, Defense, Medical, Power Generation and Small Arms Industries. Since our inception in 1966, we have been manufacturing some of the most difficult parts for the world's most demanding industries. This includes specializing in CNC tuning, 5-axis milling, grinding, EDM, honing, lapping, laser marking, testing, and cleaning. Our team is growing and we are in need of excited, qualified employees who are ready to be apart of a thriving, strong team environment! C&S is looking for a Controller to join our team! The Controller will be responsible for directing the accounting functions. These include establishing and maintaining the Company's accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. Prepares financial reports and presents findings and recommendations to top management.
2929 Saratore Dr.
Niles, MI 49120
Reporting to the CFO you will be responsible for directing the accounting functions. These functions include establishing and maintaining the Company's accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. Prepares financial reports and presents findings and recommendations to top management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned)
- Leading and managing the accounting and finance functions, documenting and following procedures
- Establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives, while utilizing continuous improvement initiatives to eliminate waste
- Maintaining an exemplary control environment and ensuring compliance through annual self-assessment and testing
- Monthly close of the financial books closely working with other functional areas across the business
- Financial reporting, forecasting, planning and variance analysis covering the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and supporting metrics
- Monthly, weekly and ad-hoc financial analysis including commentary and addressing comments and questions from CFO or Executive Leadership team
- Focal point for internal and external audits as well as financial risk assessments
- Month End, Year End and Daily transaction activities
- Reconciling and balancing accounts
- AP / AR entry, processing and control oversight
- Tax Preparation activities for company accountant
- Cash receipts, transactions and cash management
- Banking management including treasury direct, positive pay and reconciliation
- Credit card, payment and general ledger reconciliation
- Journal entries, including but not limited to payroll, credit card, inventory management etc.
- Tracking, oversight and administration of credit and shipping memo’s
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures including a detailed knowledge of US GAAP and cost accounting, preferably in a job cost environment; Knowledge of budgeting and financial planning
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Above average excel skills
PREFERRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
5+ years’ experience in manufacturing, accounting, finance, or other related experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
PREFERRED SKILLS AS FOLLOWS:
Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, production personnel, department supervisors, engineering, and upper level management.
Must possess the ability to think abstractly, to reason, to solve problems, and a strong capability to acquire new knowledge
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Professional, very upbeat, and positive attitude.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team atmosphere.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit for extended periods of time while working on the computer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
C&S is family-owned company that has been thriving since 1966. We value the individual success and fulfillment of our employees. C&S offers an exceptional benefits package which includes: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401k Company Match Program, and more!
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
C&S Machine Products, Inc. is a Drug-Free Employer.
To Apply for this position:
To apply, please visit www.candsmachine.com!