Internship Programs: The Benefits
To your business:
- Complete a project that keeps getting put aside (Examples:market research, website optimization, build/enhance social media presence, data analysis, research potential new products or services)
- Increase productivity
- Reduce recruiting costs by training potential full-time employees and determining their “fit” with your culture and team
- Provide the opportunity to create a “custom-made” future employee
- Bring fresh, innovative perspectives to your organization
- Offer management experience to employees who supervise interns
- You can post opportunities that are accessible to students from any college or university on IndianaINTERN.net. This site also offers free internship planning and management resources, as well as the opportunity to submit your position for EARN approval.
To the student:
- Strengthen your resume
- Build your network
- Learn how your studies translate into a work environment
- Discover strengths and interests that guide future course selection
- Help you determine whether the career you’re considering is right (or wrong) for you
- You may find your future employer
To our community:
- Recruit or re-connect top young talent to businesses in our region
- Introduce students to career, social and leadership opportunities available to them
- Bring the energy and enthusiasm of the next generation of leaders
- Encourage young people to network with others in the community
If you have any questions about internship programs and how to connect with interns, contact Director of Talent Engagement Kate Lee, 574.400.4030 or email email@example.com.
BUSINESS ENGAGEMENT FORM
Please complete the form below to determine your engagement with interns.
*Business City, State, ZiP
*Does your business currently offers internship opportunities?
If yes, indicate all that apply:
Spring & Fall/Winter
I am interested in establishing an internship opportunity:
Development in progress
I would like help from the Chamber in getting started
What skill set are you looking for?
I will post internship opportunities on IndianaINTERN.net.
I plan to seek EARN approval for my internship opportunity.
I will encourage our interns to participate in social/community programs offered to interns by the SJC Chamber.
I will participate in the mock interview process.
I will review student resumes.
I have someone in my company who would participate in these activities.
I would like to be a part of conversations between educators and the business community to discuss workforce needs and student preparation.
I will offer tours of my place of business.
I will speak to classes about my business/career experience:
I will host high school counselors/teachers for job shadowing.
I do/will offer summer employment opportunities to a high school student(s).
I will offer job shadowing opportunities to high school students.