Be a catalyst for growth and prosperity for our members and community.
ambassador team mission
To support the South Bend Regional Chamber's mission by helping to grow and maintain a strong membership base, through the innovation and implementation of activities that will support membership recruitment, engagement and retention.
The Ambassador Team is a volunteer group of recognized professionals who interact with fellow Chamber members to provide information and answer questions about the Chamber, and serve as an additional resource and communication link between the Chamber and its members.
- Unsurpassed business contacts and networking opportunities.
- Increased exposure to Chamber and community initiatives.
- Increased visibility at Chamber programs and events.
- Name badge to identify you as a Chamber representative while volunteering at events and visiting member businesses.
- Recognition for yourself and your organization in the business community, in Chamber communications.
- Eligibility for individual and team performance rewards and recognition through the Chamber and the Ambassador Team Sponsor Martin's Super Markets.
- Discounted pricing for selected Chamber programs and events, including 20% discount for seminars and workshops.
- Must be an employee of a South Bend Regional Chamber member business in good standing, and must have the approval of direct supervisor. Participation is limited to one representative per company.
- Business must have been a member of the South Bend Regional Chamber for at least one year; and employee must have been employed there for at least six months.
- Must have flexible schedule and be able to devote time each month to participate in required ambassador activities.
term of service
- Three years with opportunity to continue longer based upon performance, chamber needs, etc.
- Attend a one-hour orientation and team training session.
- Attend a one-hour meeting on the designated Friday of each month at 8 a.m.
- Help welcome new members by delivering membership plaques, reviewing membership benefits, and acquainting them with the Chamber as necessary.
- Contact members, as assigned, by phone or in person to assist with member engagement and retention.
- Assist at Chamber events as schedule permits, assisting with greeting, registration, and member engagement.
- Represent the Chamber at ribbon cutting and grand opening events in the community as schedule permits.
- Identify, refer and help recruit new Chamber members and ambassadors.
- Provide support and assistance for other activities/events that the Chamber conducts.
South Bend Regional Chamber Ambassadors Sponsored By Martin's Super Markets
Please list the most relevant community, civic, professional, business, socia and/or other organizations with which you have been involved with during the past 5 years. Include time served and positions held.
In the event I am selected to be an ambassador, I understand that I am expected to meet certain criteria regarding meeting and event attendance, and if my responsibilities are unfulfilled I will be removed from membership in the Ambassador Team. By checking this box, I confirm that I have read the Ambassador Mission & Guidelines, fully understand the commitments required and will do my best to serve the South Bend Regional Chamber well.